7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LVDFW is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to go?

I've taken my car to 3 different shops and have 3 different diagnosis. Here are my issues

#1. Intermittent check engine light. Took it to auto zone and they said the 3rd spark plug is misfiring. This is currently not happening.

#2. Intermittent overheating. The car would get very warm very quickly, and then just as quickly come back down. This happens sometimes while idling/bad traffic, but it is nothing I can duplicate.

#3. Heater intermittently works.

I've had suggestions for replacing spark plugs, to the timing belt (done 2 years ago), replacing the head gasket, and simply replacing the thermostat.

I admit I am not mechanically inclined at all, and would need to take it to a reliable shop. Any issues on what the likely culprit is? This is for a 2005 Honda Civic that has about 125k miles on it.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Where to go?

Originally Posted by LVDFW
replacing the head gasket
who ever told you this wins the prize.......correct