7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

radio code while radio works.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rocky_mountain_ is an unknown quantity at this point
radio code while radio works.

I have a 2002 honda civic lx coupe. Just purchased, about a month ago. I don't know if there's already a thread like this, sorry if there is. But I need to change my battery soon, I was wondering if there was any way to get the code by pressing a button on my radio to get the code. The radio is fully functional. I've looked in the glove, wasnt there.
1. can I press some buttons for the code to be view, like #1, #2, #3, or w/e.
2. Where else would that code be?
Alright, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited by rocky_mountain_; 11-05-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 11-05-2014
Registered!!

jtg199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: radio code while radio works.

Not sure how to see if it will give you a code while it works, but you can try this after you change the battery and don't know the code.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...adio-code.html
Old 11-06-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

How can the radio be fully functional if it's asking for a code? LOL.

There could be a radio code card with the owners manual stuff, there could be a sticker placed....damn near anywhere inside or outside the car....I've found them stuck inside and outside the glovebox, on the far outside of the glovebox so you have to run around the car like a Chinese fire drill to read it, found them in door jambs, on the battery hold down, on a trunklid hinge, under the speaker shelf....... And unless you are already familiar with what the sticker looks like you might never know what it is. The sticker could only show the serial number, or only a 5 digit code, or both.
The sticker will be about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide

Follow the link in the previous post.

Old 11-06-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

7th gens had the stickers so you may luck out.

When I did my 05 I had a set or batteries at somewhere around 12volts and jumpered them across before disconnecting the battery. (too lazy to set clock and enter presets)
Old 11-07-2014
Registered!!

rocky_mountain_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright Thanks guys, just worried I won't have the code after I change the battery, I'll use that link if anything. Last i went in to the dealership for my uncles car they gave me the code in like 5 minuets no problem.

I was planning on changing the component speakers putting sk653 6.5 300w in front with the adapter and pc65.2 6.5 500w in the back. Just for now until I get some money probably for those 13 inch JL that are thin. Would this setup be good enough? Does anyone have these or do you recommended something else?