7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Brake pads: Napa Adaptive Ones vs Wagner Thermal Quiets

Old 09-15-2014
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Brake pads: Napa Adaptive Ones vs Wagner Thermal Quiets

I have thermal quiets on now but im getting new pads and rotors put on in a couple days. These things have lasted me 4 yrs! Because of that, I was going to get another set of Wagner TCs but when i was at napa getting another set of Napa Premium rotors, they showed me the Adaptive One pads. Said its a step above the Wagners, has better grip and stopping performance and that its on par with akebono pads. They said the grip on these is amazing.

Any comments? I picked up the Adaptive ones since i figure i was there already and if i want i can still return them. THey dont sell Wagners anymore so id have to go to Part Source. The Adaptive ones are $86/pair and the Wagner thermal quiets $67/pair, so only $19 more.

The concern i have though is that on the box it says made in china. Should that be of any concern?

This isnt my exact box, but heres to show you what they look like.

Name:  IMG_1188.jpg
Views: 2216
Size:  77.7 KB
Old 09-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Brake pads: Napa Adaptive Ones vs Wagner Thermal Quiets

you can get HAWK HPS pads for $60.
Old 09-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The Adaptive ones are $86
Jeez, factory front pad set is only 75 at Toronto.

http://torontohondaparts.com/PartsLi...sis&illid=5807

Or 42 at Majestic (USA).
Old 09-15-2014
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

Lol, I got Raybestos (SG-D465A) from RockAuto for $14.46.
Wagner rotors (BD61982) for $18.15 each (total $36.30). So the front brakes were $51.00.

My Civic stops great and its quiet. If I could do it all over again I'd look for them on Amazon and ask a friend with a Prime account to order them for the free shipping.

Thermo Quiet premium, sounds like an exercise in branding to me. EcoBoost is Ford's term for turbo charged, it sounds "greener".

I don't know if I'd be able to get my money's worth out of Premium Thermo quiet pads.
Old 09-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

its weird how this china made product cost more then the american made hawk pads ??? id rather get these way more cost effective http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...nomy-brake.cfm

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-16-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I literally had to hit my brakes so hard to avoid hitting a jay walking woman that ran out in front of my car today that my ABS came on for 5 feet on hot dry pavement. My car came to a stop almost as fast as hitting a tree though...not bad considering my OEM pads are over 4 years old now.

Old 09-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
I have thermal quiets on now but im getting new pads and rotors put on in a couple days. These things have lasted me 4 yrs! Because of that, I was going to get another set of Wagner TCs
dont try to fix what isnt broken.....if they lasted 4 years and you are happy with them, why not use the same thing?.....i have wagner TQ pads on right now for the past two years, very happy with them
Old 09-17-2014
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Got them put on a few hours ago. Have been bedding the pads in, will do some more later tonight.

Cant wait to see the performance of these after theyve been bedded in.

I have no doubt theyre very good pads, but i have a feeling the napa guys were just upselling me by saying theyre on the same level as okebonos and a clear step up from the wagner thermal qiuets.