7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

door panel adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point
door panel adhesive

what type of adhesive or part number does Honda uses for attaching this piece back into the door cover

it fell off and it was blocking the window from going all the way down. I guess Honda uses this for safety so i'm attaching it back. I found this Honda part number 08712-0003 for the adhesive that attach the plastic cover into the metal door so i'm ordering this since the plastic cover was also partially loose. Is it the same adhesive to use for reattaching that piece back
Old 09-02-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: door panel adhesive

Most just throw it away, that will keep it from ever being a problem later on LOL.

You must have an 01-02 Civic, built in Japan?
Here's the info I found:

Honda Service News Article, Dec. 2001
If a block is loose, reinstall it with a glue gun using Bostik 6329 polymide hot melt glue.

Problem noticed, after a quick net search.... the type is polyamide, and the number may be 6239. Their site does not mention 6329.

http://www.bostik-us.com/our-brands/thermogrip

http://www.bostik-us.com/files/tdsfiles/6239.pdf

Contact info in the links

HTH
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

it's an 02 civic Si made in the UK. it's still in great shape and low mileage so i'm trying to keep it intact as much as possible; otherwise that part is not really that useful.
it's hard to find Bostik 6239 adhesive; even online stores don't seem to carry it. I'm thinking to try some general purpose polyurethane adhesive like Gorilla glue, any good suggestions as an alternative ?
Old 09-03-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

it's hard to find Bostik 6239 adhesive;
Contact the manufacturer directly? Info is in those links.

I'm thinking to try some general purpose polyurethane adhesive like Gorilla glue, any good suggestions as an alternative ?
4 inch deck screws!!!!!
Old 09-03-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Goop.
Old 09-03-2014

Originally Posted by CraigW
Goop.
The hand cleaner stuff?

Old 09-03-2014

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

They make all different applications but pretty much the same glue in tube from what I've seen. Plumbing, marine, general purpose, automotive.

And, shoe Goop in clear and black.
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

I think you are referring to this one

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/a...=goop+adhesive

description looks good and good reviews, i'm gonna try it.

i called Bostik, they do only business to business sales, you can't order just one tube, and the businesses that they sell don't do of the shelf sales also
Old 09-03-2014

You could tack it on with RTV silicone, or just about any type glue would work for you.

Goop glue is likely banned in CA, and maybe others.

Good stuff though.
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

3m 90 ???
Old 09-03-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cja3455
any good suggestions as an alternative ?
Originally Posted by CraigW
You could tack it on with RTV silicone
I'm a real fan of Permatex RTV gasket maker.

http://www.permatex.com/products-2/p...t-maker-detail

I bonded Lexan to plastic with this in my Civic 3 years ago and it's still holding strong... I've used many other places as well with great results...

Usually everytime I mention this someone else pipes up with Permatex 'The Right Stuff' is the best but I've never personally used it myself.