7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Please help meeeeeee please (Overheat - added - "help meeee" is not describing

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmaso3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Please help meeeeeee please (Overheat - added - "help meeee" is not describing

Ok So I have a 2004 Honda Civic LX and I noticed a couple of weeks ago it started running hot. Like The temperature would go to H when Istopped my car but when iI started driving again it would go back down. I got the tthermostat changed bc that'swhat one of the guys at auto zone said it was. The problem still ooccurred. So I tried putting more coolant in there, problem still occurred. Two days ago (8/5/14) my car overheated and cut off on the highway. Triple A towed it to a location and I wasn't sure what was going on. Since that has happened I've replaced the sensor, the fan, and put endless JUGS of coolant and water in my car. I'm really starting to feel lost bc I have no clue what's going on. I turn my heat on and the car cools down, but the heat doesn't stay hot, it gets cold. And there is a leak coming from the middle of the car center right side, so I dont think it's the radiator right ? The hose on the bottom that's connected to the radiator isn't warm or hot it's actual cool or "room temperature". I can place my hand on it and not jump back or feel any warmth. The top hose doesn't get hot right away. WHAT IS HAPPENING?????? I NEED ANSWERS LIKE NOW!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 08-07-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help meeeeeee please

Here's what I expect happened:

First it was a blown head gasket.
Then.....

Last edited by ezone; 08-12-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2014
Registered!!

Ok so I know I can get a head gasket at advanced auto parts, but if it's warped, what am I to do?
Old 08-07-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by ezone; 08-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2014
Registered!!

Can't I Just Buy A New Head Gasket And Have The New One Replaced ?
Old 08-07-2014

Last edited by ezone; 08-12-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2014
Registered!!

I'd rather just get it fixed once and for all. Like I'll pit coolant I'm there and it'll run correctly for about 15 20,mins and then it'll begin smoking and overheating.
Old 08-07-2014

Last edited by ezone; 08-11-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Re: Please help meeeeeee please (Overheat - added - "help meeee" is not describing

Ok so I had the diagnostic test done and they said it wasn't my head gasket but it was my radiator and water pump kit. I've gotten a new Radiator but I've noticed my fan isn't cutting on like it's supposed to. It only cuts on when the AC is on high. I've changed the switch and the fuses but it's still not cutting on when it's supposed to and it's a brand new fan. What could the problem be ? Because at this point I think that's why my car keeps running hot bc my fan isn't working
Old 08-11-2014

Re: Please help meeeeeee please (Overheat - added - "help meeee" is not describing

Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

The mechanic changed the switch already and the fuses. Would this be maybe an electrical problem ? Bc I honestly feel the car isn't staying cool bc of the fan not staying on bc it only runs hot when the fan cuts off and I can't get it to stay on unless the AC is on and even then sometimes it cuts off and. Takes a while to cut back on. What does this meannnnnn ?! I'm desperate right now!
Old 08-11-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bmaso3
I honestly feel the car isn't staying cool bc of the fan not staying on bc it only runs hot when the fan cuts off and I can't get it to stay on unless the AC is on and even then sometimes it cuts off and. Takes a while to cut back on. What does this meannnnnn ?! I'm desperate right now!
Well normally your fan isn't on all the time. How hot is hot? Is the temp gauge over half way up?
Old 08-11-2014

Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Yeah I Know the fan does not stay on, but the thing doesn't come on unless the AC fan is running and it isn't cutting on when the car runs hot. The Gauge goes up and down. Like it'll stay cool for a while and then the gauge creeps up. It'll go all the way up to the H sometimes and then come back down to where it's supposed to be. So I'm not sure.
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Ok. I will tell him to try that tomorrow and see how it goes. If the thermoswitch being jumped off doesn't get the fan running, what could be the problem ?
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

So its really a question of the fan or the switch at this point? The radiator is good?
Old 08-11-2014

Last edited by ezone; 08-11-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Obviously I'm not working on the car if I was I would've done all this as soon as you posted your reply so save the sarcasm please.

Last edited by bmaso3; 08-11-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone

You're Trying to be a smart *** now -__- nobody's putting a gun to your head making you write me so save all that extra crap and remove yourself from the post.

Last edited by ezone; 08-11-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bsmiley
So its really a question of the fan or the switch at this point? The radiator is good?
Yes. Radiator is brand new.
Old 08-11-2014

You're Trying to be a smart *** now
Of course I'm being a smartass. It's what I do here.

nobody's putting a gun to your head making you write me so save all that extra crap and remove yourself from the post.

As you wish.
Good luck with your overheating car....

Last edited by ezone; 08-12-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Lol Why'd You Delete the last part?
Good luck finding a real job weirdo!
Old 08-11-2014
Registered!!

Most of my comments are now removed.

Your Point?
Old 08-11-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck finding a real job weirdo!
PERSONALLY, I wouldn't give ezone too much flak. He's one of our resident experts on the forums, even if he IS a grumpy old man sometimes. He sees the stuff you're describing all the time, and if you were to look at his track record, you'd see that he's USUALLY right. Badgery too, let's not forget that.

Last edited by Poopies; 08-11-2014 at 09:31 PM. Reason: changed my wording as per ezone