7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

no abs. is it ok to pull fuse?

Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greenbackz is an unknown quantity at this point
no abs. is it ok to pull fuse?

Hi sorry for the noobish post.. i'm new to these forums (and new to working on vehicles in general).

I recently blew a fuse for my turn signals in my 2002 civic coupe while installing new led bulbs. i didn't have a spare fuse on me so i noticed that there was an ABS fuse which was 7.5amps.. exactly what i needed. i pulled that since i my car does not have ABS anyways.

is it safe to say that the abs fuse is not used at all in my vehicle? or does that fuse happen to be for something else as well? i haven't noticed any changes to my car since pulling it but just wanna double check
Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: no abs. is it ok to pull fuse?

should be fine,

on a side note......ALWAYS disconnect your battery when working on anything electrical
Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
should be fine,

on a side note......ALWAYS disconnect your battery when working on anything electrical
thanks. noted!
Old 07-21-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greenbackz
Hi sorry for the noobish post.. i'm new to these forums (and new to working on vehicles in general).

I recently blew a fuse for my turn signals in my 2002 civic coupe while installing new led bulbs. i didn't have a spare fuse on me so i noticed that there was an ABS fuse which was 7.5amps.. exactly what i needed. i pulled that since i my car does not have ABS anyways.

is it safe to say that the abs fuse is not used at all in my vehicle? or does that fuse happen to be for something else as well? i haven't noticed any changes to my car since pulling it but just wanna double check
Checking a wire diagram here.....Mine says:

Dash fusebox, fuse #10 is used by the back up lights (m/t), keyless and security (if equipped), gauges, shift lock and reverse relay (a/t). It would appear that you NEED this fuse LOL.

Dash fusebox fuse #11 only goes to the ABS modulator. If your car is not equipped with ABS that socket probably should have been empty.

LEDs are polarity sensitive, incandescent bulbs are not. If an LED is blowing a fuse, see if it needs turned around.
Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Checking a wire diagram here.....Mine says:

Dash fusebox, fuse #10 is used by the back up lights (m/t), keyless and security (if equipped), gauges, shift lock and reverse relay (a/t). It would appear that you NEED this fuse LOL.

Dash fusebox fuse #11 only goes to the ABS modulator. If your car is not equipped with ABS that socket probably should have been empty.

LEDs are polarity sensitive, incandescent bulbs are not. If an LED is blowing a fuse, see if it needs turned around.

yes i know LEDs can only go in one way, that is how i blew the fuse. i had my signal on and was putting the led bulbs in to make sure they lit up since they could only go in one way. I pretty much replaced all my bulbs with LEDs that same way, the turn signals are the first ones that happened to blow the fuse while i did it. what i should have done was put the bulb in, then go back in the car and check to see if signal was lighting up, and if not then just turn the signal off and turn the bulb around, but i was being a lazy f*ck haha.

i have not, and do not plan on removing the #10 fuse unless it blows lol. i simply moved my fuse #12 (DRL) into the #19 spot (turn signals) since i have HID's installed and i wanted to disable DRLs. everything ended up working out perfect. guess it wouldn't hurt to keep a few extra fuses around tho..