7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

My Center Dashboard got STOLEN! :(

Old 06-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
juicyyboyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation My Center Dashboard got STOLEN! :(

Last night, someone stole my center dashboard with the buttons and stereo. He also try to start the car by doing something on the ignition lock. Now, ,my turn signals doesn't work, ignition lock is a mess (but i can still start it). This is the first time that happened to me. I already reported it to the cops. I just wanna know where can i buy cheap parts especially the center dashboard. And how can i fix my turn signals? Help!
Old 06-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: My Center Dashboard got STOLEN! :(

Originally Posted by juicyyboyy
Last night, someone stole my center dashboard with the buttons and stereo. He also try to start the car by doing something on the ignition lock. Now, ,my turn signals doesn't work, ignition lock is a mess (but i can still start it). This is the first time that happened to me. I already reported it to the cops. I just wanna know where can i buy cheap parts especially the center dashboard. And how can i fix my turn signals? Help!
Have you called your insurance to see if they cover it? I had a radio stolen out of my truck in college and insurance paid to fix a smashed window and replace the radio.
Old 06-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Did they chop off a bunch of wires?
Turn signals could be a blown fuse.
Old 06-17-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

If your connector is still intact you can plug in a new hazards switch and it will likely return your signals operation.
Old 06-17-2014
Registered!!

juicyyboyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
Have you called your insurance to see if they cover it? I had a radio stolen out of my truck in college and insurance paid to fix a smashed window and replace the radio.
nope.not covered.

Originally Posted by CraigW
If your connector is still intact you can plug in a new hazards switch and it will likely return your signals operation.
okay i will try that. Im gonna look for another dash at the local auto scrap yard. or if i cant find one, ill look online.

Originally Posted by ezone
Did they chop off a bunch of wires?
Turn signals could be a blown fuse.
here's the pictures:
Name:  6nrmWie.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  563.3 KB

Name:  FyjVBKI.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  511.1 KB
Old 06-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraigW
I forgot about that switch. Duh.
Old 06-17-2014
Registered!!

BRBRT03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like a standard car stereo smash and grab job. Break in, rip the entire section out, take off as fast as they can. Unfortunate but it happens. If they messed with the ignition Plan A must have been steal the car, then when they couldn't start it, they just took what they could. I had a buddy do an internship in Detroit, just got there the night before and went downtown to do some paperwork stuff, left his car parked on the street. Nice modified Stratus Coupe, wheels, one oof a kind hood, stereo, etc. He came out and someone had popped the passenger handle, CLEANED his car out, TV, tools, etc. Dash was the same thing, just ripped the whole center stack out and ran with it.

Thus why I love removable faceplates and a clean interior. If they can't see something they want looking in, they might pass it by
Old 10-11-2014
Former Sponsor

Brandon@fattysmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep your best bet would be insurance pay for it or looking for a center dash piece at a pick a part.
Old 10-11-2014
Registered!!

bravo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing happened to me before they smashed the window and stole the hole thing they just ripped it all out. Its worth nothing. I found the center console at a junk yard for $30 and the window for $50(Ebay have them for cheap too). The cops were useless but maybe the report help them collect data. What they stole from me might bring them very little money. They just are a bunch of stupid kids of stupid parents.
Old 10-13-2014
Registered!!

usajags84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bravo79
Same thing happened to me before they smashed the window and stole the hole thing they just ripped it all out. Its worth nothing. I found the center console at a junk yard for $30 and the window for $50(Ebay have them for cheap too). The cops were useless but maybe the report help them collect data. What they stole from me might bring them very little money. They just are a bunch of stupid kids of stupid parents.

I got one if you need one 2003 black all controls work