7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Drivers window rocks/ moves

Old 06-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice
Drivers window rocks/ moves

Anyone have experience with a window rocking a little bit. I just replaced the regulator/motor assembly a few weeks back. I thought that would fix it, and it did for a week or two. All the bolts are tight, yet about halfway down the window shifts a little bit so that the front is tilted down a little. It binds on the way back up and if I shift it back a little (1/4in) it goes up smoothly... not sure what to check or tighten.
Old 06-07-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Drivers window rocks/ moves

Did you clean the window tracks out? They get gunk in them and it makes the window not move as freely.

Remove the door panel and operate the window. It might allow you to see what it is getting caught up on.
Old 06-07-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure the rubber channel insert is in place and cleaned as mentioned, on my 05 I tacked it in place with a tiny dab of Goop.
Old 06-07-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

See: 01 Civic service bulletin 01-050 for run channel seal pinched and incorrectly installed.
Old 06-08-2014
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

Update- Its worked perfectly since I posted this... but next time it binds up, I'll have another look at it with the door panel off. I did a websearch and a forum search for the service bulletin 01-050 and I came up with nothing. I even created an account at Honda and registered my VIN, etc. I didn't find service bulletins there.
Somebody had them posted in this forum as a zip file but the host site no longer has the file.
Old 06-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't find the bulletin info already posted elsewhere to link, and I can't link the info I have access to.

It describes the issue and shows what to look for as far as the seal edges being out of place in the channel, also says to clean the seal and lube the seal with Shin-Etsu silicone grease.

Probably easiest to hose a bunch of spray silicone lube into the channels without pulling anything apart first....see how long that lasts.
Old 06-08-2014
Registered!!

Thanks, I'll try the silicone lube.