7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Buying an 05 dx vp have ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warminwisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying an 05 dx vp have ?

car has 63k for 6000 I am looking at the estates sale car tomorrow. CAn the sway bars from the LX be added to the DX? I am sure there are many threads but anything to look for as far as weird cliches that may need repair?

Still no power door locks but no cruise is pretty basic but I think they are solid cars. Any advice would be appreciated, also are these 14 inch tires?

Will post some welcome pictures if I buy it from this private owner. WARM What a great forum
Old 04-12-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying an 05 dx vp have ?

Welcome

AFAIK the sway bar can be added, the rest of the suspension is the same DX/LX/EX

DX should have had 14" wheels stock
Old 04-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...nting-kit.html
Old 04-13-2014
Registered!!

I got the car as it started like a champ granny's scuffss wheere overlooked by the mileage and i told my kid the dealer would paint panels for 600 bucks and sell it for 8500. Does it have a timing belt what mileage to replace? Who makes the best value in a rotor/discs?
Old 04-13-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Brakes, we use factory pads at my dealer. Rotors we might get about half of them from local parts stores due to needing them the same day.

Timing belt: YES...
It is probably due, replacement is every 7 years/105,000 miles whichever comes first.

Check the maintenance section on your owners manual. Brake fluid, trans, etc.

Go to the Honda owners website (http://owners.honda.com/) and register as the new owner of this car (you need your VIN), that way you get notified by mail of any new recalls and such, you can get an owners manual, etc.

If you can't register as the new owner there, then call the customer assistance hotline.
Old 04-20-2014
Registered!!

The service advisor told me 04 and 05 have a chain? I hope he is correct, anyone?
Old 04-20-2014

Originally Posted by Warminwisco
The service advisor told me 04 and 05 have a chain? I hope he is correct, anyone?
WRONG-O! The 1.7L engine has a timing belt.

USA SI (2.0L) and Hybrid (1.3L) had chain drive engines.
Old 04-20-2014
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

don't listen to dealer service providers there shady.
Old 04-20-2014

Originally Posted by lowlife9
don't listen to dealer service providers there shady.
WTF am I? Chopped liver?

shady.
Not necessarily shady.
Probably somewhat new and just doesn't know.
And was super confident about what he said, even though it was wrong.

I say the person really didn't know what the engine uses, because he passed up a great upsell opportunity by telling you it has a chain.

Sales pitches rely heavily upon the consumers' lack of knowledge.
They don't really HAVE to know how things work, they just have to convince you that they do.
If you REALLY know much about the product in question, you can see right thru sales B.S. from ANY salesperson no matter what they are selling.
Sadly, the worst ones usually think they know far more than they really do, and try to convince you of their immense knowledge.
OTOH some really do know their product inside and out.

Ignorance begets confidence.
The guy that graduated last in his med school class is still a doctor. Worse, he is convinced (wrongly) that he is the best.
Old 04-20-2014
Registered!!

I got the feeling he had been there a while. Just drove it home drives nice. The question I asked him when he then told me it had a chain was "with 63 k on it and an 05 how often do you see timing belts go with such low miles though the time(7 years) has expired?" Anyone? Thanks

Only cruise I can find is Rostra for 305 bucks plus labor. Any other cruises which are less$?
Old 04-20-2014

Originally Posted by Warminwisco
I got the feeling he had been there a while.
Meh. The people that never have to open the hoods, and have clean fingernails.....(wait, I have clean nails!)

Come to think of it, occasionally someone here still tries to sell timing belts on chain drive engines. SMH

The question I asked him when he then told me it had a chain was "with 63 k on it and an 05 how often do you see timing belts go with such low miles though the time(7 years) has expired?" Anyone? Thanks
Can't answer that.

A timing belt job is cheap compared to the damage that happens when you don't replace it in time.

Are you a gambler?
Old 04-22-2014
Registered!!

sorry but all the dealers i have ever worked for would sell a fire extinguisher to man on fire then charge extra to refill it also a restocking fee to put it back on the wall and a fee for shop materials.
Old 04-23-2014
Registered!!

I spoke to the service guy he apologized said he was thinking about the CRV, said he would do timing belt, pump, tensioners etc for 550.00 as a good faith gesture. With our dealers you have to negotiate but in Wisco there is a pretty good work ethic.