7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hid help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hid help!!!!!!

just bought a set of of angel eye halo projector headlights off Craigslist (right good idea NOT) they have h1 on the back and there's 2 bulbs in each housing no ballast or relay can someone tell me were to go from here what size ballast,good site to find or a way maybe to wire halogen bulbs up maybe
Old 03-13-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hid help!!!!!!

Check out:

www.theretrofitsource.com for relays and ballasts. You pick how many watts.

What year civic do you have?
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

it's a 2002 ex sedan
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

ok I just checked out the site now before I buy do I need a ballast for each bulb or is there a way to wire separate hi low beam I have 4 hid bulbs that I need wired up
Old 03-14-2014
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Does your stock headlight look like this:

Yes you will need a ballast for each bulb, but you will only power your actual headlight with the ballast. Your parking light is not run off a ballast and should not be HID.

Do the headlights you have have projectors with a high beam solenoid?
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

yea that's what my stock headlights look like my side markers aren't hid but the headlights I want to put in are duel halo with one projector and the other clear both with hid
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I have a set from the retrofitsource for over a year now..not a single porblem with them..buy with confidence. They are more money than fleabay, but the qaulity is alot better.
Old 03-14-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by got civic
yea that's what my stock headlights look like my side markers aren't hid but the headlights I want to put in are duel halo with one projector and the other clear both with hid
So you are getting a new set of housings and want to use a set of straight-up HIDs as your high beams? If that's the case, I'll just warn you that HIDs aren't really designed to be turned on and off rapidly like halogen brights. A better solution would be to go for:
a.) 2 standard projectors with halogen bulbs for brights
b.) 2 standard projectors and 2 bixenon projectors (they mechanically drop the cutoff so that your projectors shine farther when your brights are on).
c.) 4 bixenons!!! That would be pretty badass but a little bit trickier to wire. It wouldn't be TOO hard though.

+1 to 04 Honda Civic. TRS products and service are great!

Last edited by Poopies; 03-14-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: more stuff.
Old 03-14-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

*ahem*

H1 hid bulbs aren't quite "stuck it in and go." Last I checked, you have to bore out the bulb opening in order for them to fit. Ditch the halos, grab a morimoto retro "kit", and slap them bishes in your oem headlights. Easiest retrofit out there. If you wanna retrofit the halos, you're gonna have to put a bit (read: a lot) of creativity into msking the projector sit happy
Old 03-15-2014
Registered!!

yea I'm just halogen
Old 03-16-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by got civic
yea I'm just halogen
As far as wiring is concerned, if you have a good harness it should plug right into one of your headlight connectors, and your ballasts will be connected to the harness. Power will be drawn directly from the battery to the harness as well. I'm not sure how you would hook the brights up (I'm experienced with the bi-xenons, which are controlled through that harness as well) but you can sure do some homework! :-)
Old 03-16-2014
Prelude Owner

**The wiring is different from 01-03 to 04-05. 01-03 used a single bulb for both high and low beam while 04-05 used 2 bulbs, one low and one high.

Last edited by GolNat; 03-16-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Had wrong years.
Old 03-16-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

No. It sounds like he got projectors for 01-03. All aftermarket projector headlights out there for 01-03s split the headlight from a single h4 to (typically) 2 separate h1 bulbs.

Also, you got the facelift year wrong. 01-03s have an h4 hi/low. 04-05 has a 9006 (or was it 9006 and a 9007) for each high and low. 03 is when the cluster and suspension crash bolt diameter changed.
Old 03-16-2014
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
03 is when the cluster and suspension crash bolt diameter changed.
That's what I was thinking of.

Thanks for setting me straight. I fixed my confusion.