7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

7th gen lowering issues :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dwise0711 is an unknown quantity at this point
7th gen lowering issues :(

So my em2 is on 17in rims right now 215/45r/17 wheels i think. I have 2in lowering springs off of ebay. right now im sitting between 1.85-2.25in wheel gap all around, each wheel is different.. driver side a little lower already im assuming because of the tranny.. anyway does anyone know if i will be able to lower it with these wheels or if i should get smaller ones.. i do plan on getting new struts because to my knowledge they havent been changed and I have had the car for about a year and a half and im assuming with new struts my wheel gap will change a little bit. thanks also i dont really want to roll the fenders and i do not plan on stretching my tires.. and i really dont want to camber it because it wont do great on the track with too much camber thanks again!!!!
Old 03-12-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 7th gen lowering issues :(

If they are cheap eBay springs your Spring rates are probably not all the same. They can be different from front to back but should be the same left to right. What springs did you get?

It's also possible that one of the Springs is not seated properly. How long ago did you install them? They might have to settle a little.

Are the tires all the same size?
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

i havent installed them yet im waiting to make sure that my car will not be sitting on my tires before i install them they are just the regular ebay 2in lowering springs they are red. and yes my tires are the same all the way around.. i just want to make sure that when i put them on i will be safe with the rims and tires (17in 215/45r/17) that are currently on it.. without the springs my wheel gap is 1.85-2.25 in all tires are different im not sure why my stock suspension is no the same except maybe worn struts and tranny weight..
Old 03-12-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rocking maybe a 1-finger gap all around with 215/45-17s. You'll be fine. Drive your car around a bit, and see if the springs settle out.

Also, your transmission is located on the passenger side.

edit: I don't have rolled fenders
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

do u have lowering springs or adjustables? and how far is it lowered and is it an em2? and do u have a camber kit on and are ur tires stretched? should i change the struts?
Old 03-12-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

2002 ex coupe, lowered on Tein SS-P coilovers. Camber kit in the back, camber plates up front (on my pillowball mounts). I estimate I'm lowered about 2-2.5".

what do you mean by tires stretched? Are you talking about putting 215/45s on something like 17x9" or 17x10" rims? If so, no. I'm running 17x7 et42 rims (and if you do the math right, the treadwidth on 215s is 8.48"). Going with stupid wide rims, I can only imagine, can result in even more rubbing issues.

If you're planning on lowering your car 2" on stock struts, don't do it. Save money for the struts and do it right the first time. Also, I don't know how I feel about ebay-brand springs. I guess it's kinda hard to f*** up springs, though.

There are a few things I stick to name brands, companies that have good reps and have done their R&D on their products, and suspension is one of them. Catastrophic failure of a suspension component can cost you your car. I'd rather not take that risk.
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

has 17s and ebay coil springs is worried about track performance can't splain that one.
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

coils arent on yet still contemplating that one and i run 16s on the track