7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: what can I do!
what do i need?
0%
did i cause this?
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

2001 will not start

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigbduster is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 will not start

The car was running shut off and green key light started flashing! It will not start now. I had made some new keys for the trunk and doors, when the guy messed with the locks, i believe that is when the light came back on! Honda Civic LX 4door 1.7 no egr!

Need advise!

Last edited by bigbduster; 03-03-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 will not start

#1, a poll post??

#2, bust out the owners manual and see if the green key light is acting correctly or not. It is supposed to flash like 5 times after you turn the ignition off...
But does it flash while the ignition is on?

#3, locate a key that used to work and try it.
Any new keys that were made would have to have been programmed to the immobilizer system in order to start the car.
Old 03-10-2014
Registered!!

I have had a new key programmed and the car started. It ran for about 1/2 hour. That is when the lock smith was checkng the new keys in the doors. That is when I noticed the key started flashing on the consol. I shut the car off and then it would not start again. We reprogrammed the keys again, but when I try to start it turns over but will not start and the security key light still flashes. Is there a way I can by pass this feature? I have checked everythng!!!
Old 03-10-2014
Registered!!

JDMxES1 is an unknown quantity at this point

What was wrong with the original key? And was the reprogram done with a honda dealership or third party?
Old 03-10-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigbduster
We reprogrammed the keys again,

If your locksmith (I assume?) has the ability to do the Immobilizer key programming, doesn't he also have the ability and software to troubleshoot the Immobilizer system?

Connect a scanner, see if there are engine codes?
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

It was done by a 3rd party and I had lost the original key so I changed the ignition switch on the steering post.

I will scan again and see what is showing.

But the car started right up after initial reprograming then after 1/2 I shut it off and would not restart.

is there a way to jump the ignition for the spark and fuel pump and bypass the anti-theft system?
Old 03-12-2014

is there a way to jump the ignition for the spark and fuel pump and bypass the anti-theft system?
You can't jumper it, the PCM has to see a valid input from the immobilizer control unit. If no valid input, the fuel injectors are shut down and engine will not run.

The only bypass I know of is a temporary thing....You might get your dealer or 3rd party to walk you through the "immobilizer brake code" process. Whomever got the access codes to program the immobi key ought to be able to come up with the "brake code" (I know dealers can, but I'm not sure about independents).

=================

Other stuff:

Check
engine compartment fuses 6 and 9
dash fusebox fuse 17

Recheck everything you did, every wire you touched, mainly the 2 flat green connectors at the end of the ignition cylinder.
The 7 is the immobilizer connector, the 6 is for the light and beeper switch.

You got a used column lock - did it look cruddy, weathered? Any corrosion on the little terminals of the immobilizer unit?
Maybe.....Swap the immobilizer receiver ring from the original column lock, then reprogram the keys (PCM learn) again to recognize it?