7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Deciding where to buy Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slickone is an unknown quantity at this point
Deciding where to buy Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor

My 2004 Civic EX coupe is giving a code for B1S1 (upstream) oxygen sensor. A Honda dealer looked up by my VIN and said the part # is 36531-PLR-003, which is $341.

Matching it up on Autozone.com (to a Bosch) and a google search on the part# says it's a wideband, however mine looks identical to a narrow band. This is mine. How can that be?

The #'s printed on mine are DU2 | Densor | 192400-1170 | 04F14
Denso (densoautoparts.com) shows the #1/upstream sensor is an air/fuel ratio sensor, part # 234-9017. I believe 192400-1170 is a part # Denso has to only be installed/sold by Honda, thus the difference in part #'s (192400-1170 vs 234-9017). Then Honda has their own 3rd Honda part # for it. A little confusing.

Looking on Ebay for part 234-9017, there's this one for $135.50. It doesn't list the brand, but I messaged the seller, who said it's a Denso. Any idea why brand isn't listed?
One feedback comment (for a different item) says "It works/fit but doesn't come in a Bosch box / no marking. Likely Counterfeit.". Think that's true?

And this one for $145, which does state Denso in the ad, and this seller has much better feedback.

Has anyone ordered from either of these sellers? I know most replies always say to not take a chance and just buy from the parts store, Honda, etc, but I already realize that and am only interested in replies from someone who knows more about ebay parts sellers and especially if anyone knows about these sellers in particular.

And Amazon.com
sells it sells it
for $145, sold directly by Amazon. But if any of these in this price range are counterfeit, is there a possibility Amazon's is too? One of the reviews mentions part #'s being sanded off, but that could have been when it sold through a 3rd party, since reviews are lumped together regardless of seller.
Old 09-26-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Deciding where to buy Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor

Last edited by ezone; 09-26-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Old 09-26-2013
Registered!!

You didn't even read my post.
Old 09-26-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. How'd you know I can't read?

I got stuck on Bosch and AutoZone and kinda stayed there. Sorry.

234-9017 matches 36531-PLR-003, agree.
I have no input on ebay or Amazon.
Old 09-26-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

7thgens are pretty finicky when it comes to O2 sensors. Stick with a Honda OEM denso sensor. Yes, it's expensive, but it won't give you any problems.

Try ordering from hondaautomotiveparts.com (preferable if you live in the northeast), hondapartsunlimited.com (southwest), or hondapartscheap.com (west coast)

your sensor may look identical to the narrowband, but it very well may not be.
Old 09-27-2013
Registered!!

Thanks, xRiCeBoYx, but as I mentioned, I'm really just looking for answers about the sellers I listed.

FYI, other than part #'s, the Honda sensor is the exact same part as the non-Honda part # Denso sensor. Although, I think I implied this in the OP.
Old 09-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

go to autozone,NAPA,pepboys and say i need a DENSO oxygen sensor buy part and install end of story.
Old 10-03-2013
Registered!!

Again, that's not what I asked. FYI, I think they're around $250 from auto parts stores.

Still looking for answers.
Old 10-03-2013
Registered!!

fsckewe is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet, but I'd go with an OEM part. Probably your best bet.
Old 10-06-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

no the oem denso part is like $150 i just bougt one from advanced auto parts. you act like buying online is the best option. these sensors are extremely sensitive and can easily be damaged in shipping. if its faulty then what you got to mail it back and wait days for a new one you better hope wherever you buy it from has good customer service and hope the new one works.
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
no the oem denso part is like $150 i just bougt one from advanced auto parts.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...nso_20475143-p
$259.99

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=259586_0_0_
$250.99
Old 11-03-2013
Registered!!

i have the actual recipt rite here in front of me Advance auto parts oxygen sensor DENSO $136.99 total $146.00. i don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-04-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-04-2013
Registered!!

You bought an oxygen sensor. I needed an air/fuel ratio sensor. Different parts; different prices. I sent you the links to the actual part I needed on their own, legit website.
Old 11-05-2013
Registered!!

no i bought a primary wideband oxygen sensor that is the air/fuel ratio sensor guy. maybe prices vary from location but $100 is a bit much i guess in that case i would probably get it online.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-05-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2013
Registered!!

Call your local Advance and ask them how much a Denso upstream A/F sensor for a 2004 EX is. Or part Denso 234-9017.

FYI, people subscribed to a thread with instant notification can see what you originally posted before edited.
Old 11-06-2013

Originally Posted by Slickone
FYI, people subscribed to a thread with instant notification can see what you originally posted before edited.
I think I manage to edit every post I make.