7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car won't stop on snow/winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikebj22 should not be trusted
Car won't stop on snow/winter tires?

So my Honda will not stop on the snow. Well it does stop but I have to push the brakes very very slowly. People keep telling this is normal, stuff about ABS, how I need to pump the brakes 3 or 4 times for it to stop, etc. Either way, I am sick of this s*** and it could get me killed. It has caused one car accident or ready but atleast I was going very slowly on the road when it wouldn't stop and I ended up rearing ending someone...very lucky I didn't get any one injured. My worst fear is driving and the gate on the train tracks 30 yards away come down out of nowhere and I won't be able to stop.

I tried getting new brakes and that didn't work. Now, someone suggested I get winter tires. Blizzack Winter Tires to be exact.....cost over $100 a piece. Does any one else have problems on the snow like my car?

More importantly, does any one have experience or suggestions about winter tires?
Old 08-27-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Car won't stop on snow/winter tires?

If you have ABS you don't need to manually pump the brakes, the car will do it for you.

Tires are one of the most important things when it comes to stopping. Yes you need winter tires if you want to stop on snow better, not ICE but snow.

Blizzacks are some of the best winter tires you can get. There are others though that may be cheaper. Check Tire Rack for reviews of different snow tires.
Old 08-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

even with the worlds best snow tires your still going to slide if you drive on snow or ice regardless. just drive slowly that's all you can really do. evan with abs your still going to lock up if you slam on the brakes. some states allow snow chains look into that.
Old 08-27-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

can you walk in snow/ice without sliding? if not, what do you do? walk carefully and slowly. unless you have gecko feet.
Old 08-27-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ving-snow.html

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes/352204-brakes.html

Originally Posted by ezone

EDIT: This reply required about 6 edits.
MODS: How about that moving target "Post Reply" button?
Last edited by ezone; 10-20-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Not sure if trolling......or
Answers haven't changed since the last time you asked.

Good winter tires help, but can't solve your problem. The problem is you.
You need to learn proper techniques for driving on slick surfaces.

Woohoo!

I got a personalized nastygram from the OP calling me a "lowlife ***got", and "worthless POS".

Anyone else?
I haven't forgotten who you are.
Old 08-28-2013
Registered!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ving-snow.html

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes/352204-brakes.html

Answers haven't changed since the last time you asked.

Good winter tires help, but can't solve your problem. The problem is you.
You need to learn proper techniques for driving on slick surfaces.

I haven't forgotten who you are.
Unfortuntely, I haven't forgotten who you are easier. Why do you have to be an a** hole evey time I post on here? Answers haven't changed but I still got a major problem and this thread was more related to trying to resolve it with winter tires you POS.

I NEED TO LEARN PROPER TECHNIQUES FOR DRIVING ON SLICK SURFACE?!?!? Ok so give me some proper techniques to drive on a slick surface.

BS! This is not s*** I should be having to deal with. Thanks for the really helpful advice you moron.
Old 08-28-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
can you walk in snow/ice without sliding? if not, what do you do? walk carefully and slowly. unless you have gecko feet.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAR SLIDING? This is a problem with the car stopping. Did I mention anything about sliding? Why does eveyone associate this with it sliding on the snow/ice??? I cannot STOP while I'm driving on the snow unless I push the brakes really really slowly. If I'm going 30 mph w/ not much snow and coming up on a red light and don't start hitting the brakes at the right time or mistime it....I'm done. What am I supposed to do drive 10mph on every road?
Old 08-28-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if the road is covered in snow and most likely ice and the town has yet to put down salt or dirt then yes only drive 10mph. have you never driven in snow before ??? where is it snowing now anyway where do you live in the north pole.

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-28-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-28-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
if the road is covered in snow and most likely ice and the town has yet to put down salt or dirt then yes only drive 10mph. have you never driven in snow before ??? where is it snowing now anyway where do you live in the north pole.
More great advice...thanks wise guy. At that rate...it will take me 2 hours to get to work. Should I drive that slow when there is a little bit of snow or less than an inch because no one else has to? And no one else has trouble stopping except for me. I should be asking you the same thing.....have you ever driven on snow?

I didn't know it had to snow these days to ask a question about this topic on a Honda forum?
Old 08-28-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Buy some cable-type chains. That's how I get traction in the snow. I use them on my lowered 2002 Civic coupe equipped with 17" rims and street performance tires with no fender/rim damage issues. That, and drive cautiously.

Leave yourself more room than you think you'd need in the snow, slow into turns. Don't randomly hit the brakes mid turn. GENTLY brake before the turn (give yourself plenty of room), drive slow and steady throughout, accelerate as need be (notice, not braking to slow down, just coasting), then accelerate out of it.

Better yet, find a BIG, open, empty parking lot and learn your car's physics in the snow. Then strap the chains on and relearn the driving physics with them on. That seems to be the biggest problem you may be having, is that you haven't truly learned how your car behaves in snowy conditions.

As far as driving in 1" of snow, you probably don't want to have to rely on the chains. In that case, at least rock cold weather/all season tires (that can handle their fare share of snow, but still remain road worthy in the rain and dry roads), and learn the driving physics of your car. I've also "blipped" my e-brake in case the *** end of my car didn't wanna play nice. Learning how not to overdo that at least pointed me in the right direction when I encountered steering issues.

Yes, I've driven in the snow. Lived in upstate NY from November 2004-May 2005, and that was my first time EVER driving in the snow. Actually got around fine without the chains and with the same 17" rims and Nitto NeoGens. Also lived in western WA state for 4.5 years, the last bit had the worst snow storms that side of the state had seen in a while. Got some all weather tires to allow me to not have to rely on the chains 24/7, but I still needed to use them every now and again. I've also taken my Civic to the mountains (in WA state as well as southern UT and here in Vegas).

Just out of curiosity, what tires are you using while experiencing these braking issues?
Old 08-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
thetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of light

Here you go. All you need to know about winter driving: http://www.michelinwintercenter.com/ .

You're welcome!
Old 08-28-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Relevant:

Help has arrived: < NightOwl_jlk > 10/10 08:21:06

Dear Sir,

I have been alerted to the fact that we have a serious situation in the forum and it seems to be contained within this thread.

Let me explain. You seem to be exhibiting the symptoms of something called "Precious Snowflake Syndrome" ("PSS"). PSS is a malady that afflicts many people, and there appears to be a disproportionate number of victims right here on this forum.

Never fear, we in autofo take this disorder seriously, so we have both a screening which will positively identify the afflicted and an immediate remedy should that be called for...

We recommend you immediately take the PSS screening test.

Do you have frequent feelings of entitlement?

Do you often blame other inanimate objects, people, businesses or governmental bodies for your shortcomings?

Do you demand help and specialized expertise from strangers on a free internet board while simultaneously insulting them?

Do you have trouble seeing possible outcomes or consequences before making an action?

Do you foresee the outcome and make the poor decision anyway?

Do you communicate in terms of a 5th grader and expect your audience to extrapolate useful information from that garble?

If you answered "yes" to at least two of these questions, you may be and probably ARE among those affected.

The remedy is two-fold. First, you should immediately shut the **** up and exit Autofo. Second, you should consult a professional for further analysis at your earliest convenience.

Shoo now. You are a very sick individual and we cannot help you further in autofo. You clearly need a different kind of "help" than we can supply.

https://forums.craigslist.org/?ID=171419738
Old 08-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikebj22
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAR SLIDING? This is a problem with the car stopping. Did I mention anything about sliding? Why does eveyone associate this with it sliding on the snow/ice??? I cannot STOP while I'm driving on the snow unless I push the brakes really really slowly. If I'm going 30 mph w/ not much snow and coming up on a red light and don't start hitting the brakes at the right time or mistime it....I'm done. What am I supposed to do drive 10mph on every road?
If your car is not stopping then what is it doing? It is either one of two things: Your brakes don't work, in which case you aren't stopping on dry roads either, or you are sliding. It's simple physics. If you press the brakes, the tires stop rotating but you don't slow or stop, then they have lost traction and you are sliding.
Either spend the money and get some good snow tires, or take a drivers training course and learn to drive in the snow.
Bashing people here because you choose not to listen won't help.

I did a little research for you since your searches seem to be limited to asking the same questions on this board, and found some winter driving tips for you. I encourage you to actually take the time and read them before you hurt someone on the road.
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=119
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=215
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=118

In fact there is a whole winter tire section on this page: http://www.tirerack.com/about/techcenter.jsp

This one has very interesting information: http://www.weather.com/activities/dr...tips/snow.html
The first two tips are (I think you heard them mentioned here as well):
1. Decrease your speed and leave yourself plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more space than usual between you and the car in front of you.
2. Brake gently to avoid skidding. If your wheels start to lock up, ease off the brake.
Old 08-29-2013
Registered!!

i have driven in connecticut snow my entire life behind a wheel last year on bald *** firestones. i think your problem is you don't know how to drive.
Old 08-29-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAR SLIDING? This is a problem with the car stopping. Did I mention anything about sliding?

if the tire slides against the ground, of course it does not have traction to stop. who said anything about car sliding? not me.

question - have you ever driven other cars in snow?

do they do better? if yes, you might need to check something on your brake system, maybe too much water in the fluid that makes them start freezing, who knows. how long since fluid change? albeit it would boil in summer and you would loose braking there too.

do other car simply not stop like the vic? if yes, it's your driving.

end of story
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

Just out of curiosity, what tires are you using while experiencing these braking issues?
I think they are good year tires. I have to check. These tires were also supposedly bought just 3 months prior to me purchasing the car. I've had people looks at it and they said doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it from an eye test.
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
If your car is not stopping then what is it doing? It is either one of two things: Your brakes don't work, in which case you aren't stopping on dry roads either, or you are sliding. It's simple physics. If you press the brakes, the tires stop rotating but you don't slow or stop, then they have lost traction and you are sliding.
Either spend the money and get some good snow tires, or take a drivers training course and learn to drive in the snow.
Bashing people here because you choose not to listen won't help.

I did a little research for you since your searches seem to be limited to asking the same questions on this board, and found some winter driving tips for you. I encourage you to actually take the time and read them before you hurt someone on the road.
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=119
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=215
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=118

In fact there is a whole winter tire section on this page: http://www.tirerack.com/about/techcenter.jsp

This one has very interesting information: http://www.weather.com/activities/dr...tips/snow.html
The first two tips are (I think you heard them mentioned here as well):
1. Decrease your speed and leave yourself plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more space than usual between you and the car in front of you.
2. Brake gently to avoid skidding. If your wheels start to lock up, ease off the brake.
Got all new brakes last summer and that didn't resolve the issue. I can stop PERFECTLY fine on dry road or rain. Before the new brakes, I could stop perfectly fine on dry road and rain to but I would feel grinding when I pushed them.

When I press the brakes on the snow, I don't think the tires stop rotating at all. Might be wrong but I think when I push the brakes on the snow, one of the tires if not all start rotating really fast instead?!?!?

I think it is safe to say I'm the one getting bashed. Everyone is acting like this happens to every car and blaming me for this issue.

"I did a little research for you since your searches seem to be limited to asking the same questions on this board"

I guess I'm not the only one bashing people. This is more about winter tires you a** hole....don't you think I would have done at least a little bit of research over the last few years I have owned the car and had this issue? But thanks for doing more research for me and acting like a smart a**. Can you also tell me where I can sign up for a training class on how to drive on the snow in my area????
Old 08-30-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

When I press the brakes on the snow, I don't think the tires stop rotating at all. Might be wrong but I think when I push the brakes on the snow, one of the tires if not all start rotating really fast instead?!?!?
What? You press the brakes and the tires spin faster?

If you press your brake and the brakes have been removed from the car the tires would not spin faster. The tires would stay the same speed. If this is the case then there is something wrong with your brake system like sdaidoji said that is causing your brakes to fail. If it is only in the snow then there could be water in the lines freezing. Get your brakes flushed.

The civic is not the best car in the snow but even with summer tires it will stop (if your doing a reasonable speed). It just has a hard time going since it does not have limited slip. Winter tires and or chains would help this.
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

if the tire slides against the ground, of course it does not have traction to stop. who said anything about car sliding? not me.

question - have you ever driven other cars in snow?

do they do better? if yes, you might need to check something on your brake system, maybe too much water in the fluid that makes them start freezing, who knows. how long since fluid change? albeit it would boil in summer and you would loose braking there too.

do other car simply not stop like the vic? if yes, it's your driving.

end of story
Yes I have driven other cars on the snow. Sometimes brother lets me borrow his 2008 toyota camry when there is snow on the roads and it doesn't have problems stopping or "sliding." I guarantee you this has nothing to do with my driving....its not like I'm not careful when it is snowing or there is ice. I've never gotten into an accident or a speeding ticket before in my entire life. If I was that bad do you think this would be the case?
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Got all new brakes last summer and that didn't resolve the issue. I can stop PERFECTLY fine on dry road or rain. Before the new brakes, I could stop perfectly fine on dry road and rain to but I would feel grinding when I pushed them.

I think it is safe to say I'm the one getting bashed. Everyone is acting like this happens to every car and blaming me for this issue.

"I did a little research for you since your searches seem to be limited to asking the same questions on this board"

I guess I'm not the only one bashing people. This is more about winter tires you a** hole....don't you think I would have done at least a little bit of research over the last few years I have owned the car and had this issue? But thanks for doing more research for me and acting like a smart a**. Can you also tell me where I can sign up for a training class on how to drive on the snow in my area????
Really, I'm the a**hole??? Obviously you are just someone who can't drive. Your tires go faster when you hit the brakes? Maybe it's the gas pedal you are hitting since that is the only way that is physically possible.
I wasn't bashing you, but you keep asking the same question year after year. But you obviously want someone to tell you that you have a special car that defies the laws of physics.

Well guess what, it's you not the car. If your tires are not snow tires, they stay hard when they are cold and don't stop as well. Physics. If you try to stop with cold hard tires they may slide on snow. Physics.

If you want to argue with everyone who telling you the same thing, then the answer is obvious. You have a magical car the speeds up when you press the brakes. Maybe you actually have a toyota with a drive by wire system and the wires are crossed and the brakes magically connect to the gas pedal when it snows.

All answers point back to the same thing. You don't know how to drive in the snow with your car and tires.

But I am the a**hole
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

Maybe you should get a set of these. Then you might be able to stop

Name:  SnowMobileStudIceRacingTires05.jpg
Views: 7216
Size:  126.5 KB
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

So my Honda will not stop on the snow. Well it does stop but I have to push the brakes very very slowly. People keep telling this is normal, stuff about ABS, how I need to pump the brakes 3 or 4 times for it to stop, etc. Either way, I am sick of this s*** and it could get me killed. It has caused one car accident or ready but atleast I was going very slowly on the road when it wouldn't stop and I ended up rearing ending someone...very lucky I didn't get any one injured. My worst fear is driving and the gate on the train tracks 30 yards away come down out of nowhere and I won't be able to stop.

I tried getting new brakes and that didn't work. Now, someone suggested I get winter tires. Blizzack Winter Tires to be exact.....cost over $100 a piece. Does any one else have problems on the snow like my car?

More importantly, does any one have experience or suggestions about winter tires?
So I have to ask, in your first post in this thread, you state that people tell you the correct way to brake in the snow, but you are sick of this sh** and it will get you killed, as you already had one accident in the snow.

But then you go on to say you have never had an accident or speeding ticket before. Are you saying never before this accident?

Either way, you were given correct advice, but you didn't like it as it inconvenienced you because you have to drive slower. Yet you feel you are being bashed.

So let me ask this: Since you don't want the correct advice, what would you like us to tell you that will make you happy?
Old 08-30-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Yes I have driven other cars on the snow. Sometimes brother lets me borrow his 2008 toyota camry when there is snow on the roads and it doesn't have problems stopping or "sliding."
OK, now this is starting to move forward.

then something is really problematic in there.
brake fluids are hygroscopic (not sure if this is the right name), they absorb water.
if you have had the fluid in there for longer than a year, (not sure, since you mentioned repairing the whole brake system), then i would recommend flushing the system and try again in the winter. Would this be the case? potentially yes, potentially not. fluid would boil during suummer and brakes would become spongy, you you informed it might not be the case.

Did you change the brake lines as well? some obstruction in one wheel could reduce pressure, especially if you have ABS (not sure if you do.)
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

then something is really problematic in there.
brake fluids are hygroscopic (not sure if this is the right name), they absorb water.
if you have had the fluid in there for longer than a year, (not sure, since you mentioned repairing the whole brake system), then i would recommend flushing the system and try again in the winter. Would this be the case? potentially yes, potentially not. fluid would boil during suummer and brakes would become spongy, you you informed it might not be the case.

Did you change the brake lines as well? some obstruction in one wheel could reduce pressure, especially if you have ABS (not sure if you do.)
Actually all this tells you is that it is a different car with different tires and a different braking system.

Without knowing what type of tire are on the Civic, the tread depth and whether it has ABS or not, there are no good answers.

It's unlikely that it is an issue with brake fluid as he says he has to press lightly on the brakes, not hard. This is how you drive on snow. There is no information provided to lead anyone to believe that it is any other issue than driver error.

And no I am not picking on the OP, just saying that questions are being asked without full information and solid advice from board members and experts is being ignored.
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try to take the car for test drive on fast and empty road and drive to 70mph or so then suddenly hit the brakes hard and fast to bring the car to a full stop and see if you notice any erratic braking, shaking, drifting, pulsation or anything unusual; if so then you can report it here and the car need to be checked by a mechanic, it could be some abs issue or anything. If the car passes this test, then I don't know what to tell you
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

So I have to ask, in your first post in this thread, you state that people tell you the correct way to brake in the snow, but you are sick of this sh** and it will get you killed, as you already had one accident in the snow.

But then you go on to say you have never had an accident or speeding ticket before. Are you saying never before this accident?

Either way, you were given correct advice, but you didn't like it as it inconvenienced you because you have to drive slower. Yet you feel you are being bashed.

So let me ask this: Since you don't want the correct advice, what would you like us to tell you that will make you happy?
In regards to the accident, that was my mistake. Besides the one on the snow where I rear ended another car waiting on a red light going 10 mph on the snow, I haven't gotten in another accident. Its not that I didn't like the advice and it was not correct.....the things people told me didn't work also. Pumping the brakes did nothing. Why didn't I need "the correct way to brake" when I'm driving my brother's car or in high school when I borrowed my mom's car?

I ask the same question year after and I don't know how to drive??? Yeah you're an a** hole.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

It does have ABS...idk if brake lines were changed. I would have to contact the guy who changed the brakes.

Please don't listen to the other guy...I guarantee you this has nothing to do with my driving. Look, I might not know to much about cars and maybe I'm not doing a good job of explaining this problem but it is not my driving. This issue started when I got this car.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cja3455
Try to take the car for test drive on fast and empty road and drive to 70mph or so then suddenly hit the brakes hard and fast to bring the car to a full stop and see if you notice any erratic braking, shaking, drifting, pulsation or anything unusual; if so then you can report it here and the car need to be checked by a mechanic, it could be some abs issue or anything. If the car passes this test, then I don't know what to tell you
This is exactly what we did after getting the new brakes. Took it for a test drive right afterward and it didn't have any of those problems. I don't think he went up to 70mph but at times he did accelarate to a very high speedsand hit the brakes to test them. They seemed perfectly fine and he didn't notice anything.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

so your saying during winter months the car stops perfectly fine on a paved road just not in snow so that would eliminate water or bad lines correct.
Old 08-31-2013

I ask the same question year after and I don't know how to drive??? Yeah you're an a** hole.
Oooh TiggerDX, you caught him in a lie! You're an A**hole for pointing that out!

---------------------------------------------------------

Precious snowflake is precious.

Over a billion other people on this planet have figured out how to drive in less than perfect conditions, yet you, precious snowflake, can't figure this out on your own.

I can only hope you don't hurt any innocent victims when you crash and burn.

To all you parents out there: When everyone gets a trophy, no one wins.

Quick Reply: Car won't stop on snow/winter tires?