7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tools you carry in your car

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001CivicDx is an unknown quantity at this point
Tools you carry in your car

Are there any tools you carry in your car? In case of an emergency or something...I have a spare tire, jumper cables, and a jack. Should I at least carry a wrench set just in case?
Old 08-02-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tools you carry in your car

That's all I keep in my car. If you wanted you could keep a wrench set but if the car breaks down enough to not move then there isn't much work I would be doing on the side of the road. I would rather just pay to have it towed home or somewhere close.
Old 08-02-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

multi-tool, just in case.
don't forget a fire igniter and blanket if you up north
Old 08-03-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I keep a socket set, along with a 12" extension under my driver's seat along with a 1/2" drive 18" breaker bar and a 21mm deep socket I keep specifically for my lug nuts. I guess the 4.4" Smith & Wesson knife with a seat belt cutter and window breaker counts, too.

Those, along with the jack/tools the car came with.

Edit: I also carry a 120lm flashlight, a CRKT guppie, a Stanley 6-in-1 screwdriver, my OBD-II scanner and a pair of mechanix gloves

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have a tire repair kit,fix-A-flat,small fire extinguisher,multi tool,tire pressure gauge,small med kit with led flashlight,stock tool kit and a water proof poncho also i usually carry a smith & wesson boot knife.
Old 08-08-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Flashlight
Multi-tool
Strap Cutter
Mechanic tool kit
Roadside emergency kit w/ first aid
Extra tire valve cores (long story)
Emegency cricothyroidotomy kit
Cervical spine collar
Blanket
Old 08-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
thetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of lightthetut is a glorious beacon of light

1. Phone

2. Credit card
Old 08-09-2013
Foh Doh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ratchet set is a must for me.