7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Advantages to Driving a DX

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001CivicDx is an unknown quantity at this point
Advantages to Driving a DX

What are the advantages of driving a DX as opposed to other higher trims? All I can think of is less weight, but not by much. Windows and doors manual.

I'm also wondering if I can take out my dash cluster and swap another one that has a tachometer, since it's a manual. So if I do that, am I gonna retain my odometer reading, and have it keep on recording?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Advantages to Driving a DX

It's lighter and there is less that can break.

You can swap clusters but the odometer will be off unless you can find a cluster with the exact same mileage that you currently have.
Old 07-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

In my 94 DX I was able to swap out the speedo when I swapped clusters. Is that not possible in the 01s?
Old 07-30-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The odometer is digital and the whole cluster has to be changed. It's a molded cluster of all the gauges.
Old 07-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Gear ratios are different in the LX/DX from EX so they're a tad slower but get a little bit better mpg on average.
Old 07-31-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

The gear ratio makes for slower acceleration, and would have a higher top speed if the ecu didn't limit it to ~110
Old 07-31-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I MUST have my cruise control !
Old 07-31-2013
Prelude Owner

^ yea me too!!

60mile daily commute with mostly highway, cruise control is almost more important then mpg's to me!!
Old 07-31-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe the bad guys are less likely to steal it? ;-)
Old 08-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you paid less for it. insurance mite be slightly cheaper.pay less taxes. *** i wish i had cruise control.