7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scar5124 is an unknown quantity at this point
camber kit

if i put lowering springs on my car will i need a camber kit?
Old 05-08-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: camber kit

Most will say, "depends on how far you lower your car."

I say you should, regardless. Better to have it now, than need it later
Old 05-08-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, do everything at once so you only need to do an alignment once...
Old 05-08-2013
Registered!!

inifiniteblur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scar5124
if i put lowering springs on my car will i need a camber kit?
you dont need the camber kit unless your tires are rubbing your wheel wells OR you want the tires straight up and down to extend your tires' life.

the lower you go without a camber kit the more negative camber you will have. which is bad for tires.

SO if you want your car to look kinda stanced and dont care about tires then just leave it alone. that's what i should have done a long time ago. instead i spent almost 2000 bux replacing all the suspension parts.
Old 05-09-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by inifiniteblur

the lower you go without a camber kit the more negative camber you will have. which is bad for tires.
If you rotate your tires camber is not bad for your tires. Toe is what is bad. I prefer a little negative camber in the front and back.

I was lowered on Sportlines (1.5inch) and needed a camber kit.

The rear is all you really need.
Old 05-09-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

The inner shoulder of the tire will face toward the center of the car regardless of where they are on the car.. Thus, negative camber will still wear down the inside of your tires regardless

I do agree that toe is bad, though. However, this thread does concern camber first and foremost
Old 05-10-2013
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

if your worried about time you can put the springs on then buy a camber kit it would probably just be easier to do it all at once though. You can wait if you want, depending on how low you go and if you like the camber or not