7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Know next to nothing about cars...Seeking some help about potential upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del33t is an unknown quantity at this point
Know next to nothing about cars...Seeking some help about potential upgrades

To begin, I own an '05 Civic SE (coupe). I bought the car used a few years ago but still only have ~60k km on it. As far as I know, everything is factory except the radio head unit which is a cheaper, old, Sony make.

The one thing I absolutely hate about the car is the apparent low-level headlights. Nothing is wrong with power to the lights, but they are just so damned soft, and only project 20 feet it seems even in darkest nights. I am looking for an upgrade that is modest, something close to OEM.

Additionally, if I do change the headlamps, I would also like to look at tail light options as well as fog lights.

Does anyone have recommendations for either OEM options or aftermarket parts that are modest but will add some additional appeal to the vehicle?

Also, the car has manual windows and I was considering getting power windows, is this possible to do cheaply?

Lastly... I am about to buy some new tires and was looking into rims as well. I don't drive my vehicle hard by any means but was looking for some decent tires recommendations that allow for a modest performance boost. For the rims, I don't think I want anything larger than stock, but at the same time, would this look "funny" if I bought a nicer, smaller set? I have scoured the members pictures but people seldom include any specs.

In summary, I want to upgrade my car modestly in a few areas and was just looking for some information concerning potential parts and opinions.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Know next to nothing about cars...Seeking some help about potential upgrades

The one thing I absolutely hate about the car is the apparent low-level headlights. Nothing is wrong with power to the lights, but they are just so damned soft, and only project 20 feet it seems even in darkest nights.
Lenses look like this?

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/bl...c/products/101

the car has manual windows and I was considering getting power windows, is this possible to do cheaply?
Old 05-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Know next to nothing about cars...Seeking some help about potential upgrades

You can buy bulbs at advanced auto as a cheaper alternative to retro fitting (only proper way to go projector) I bought the $45 bulbs. they helped a lot, ebay fogs are fine if you get them i reccomend going HID on the fogs as well, just bought my HID tonight with 3000k bulbs. 17" wheels are the maximum size that looks good but still look natural, I love the 17s on my car. Ebay intake with advanced spectre filter, ebay cat back, nothing you can do to inprove performance besides boosting or swapping. You can buy speakers for better listening then subs. then everything else pretty much comes naturally coming up with ideas for mods. I started with intake exhaust then speakers then wheels then lowered then subs then a lot of small stuff