7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Best place to get the Upstrem Oxygen Sensor..

Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ericgray1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best place to get the Upstrem Oxygen Sensor..

I have to replace the upstream oxygen sensor on my 2004 Civic EX coupe.
Just wondering if anyone knows the most cost effective way to do this? Ive seen prices range from $140-$300 but was told that some of these cars require an air/fuel sensor and not just the normal o2 sensor and thats why they are more expensive.

Anyhow, any input or advice is appreciated!

Thanks
Eric
Old 04-16-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best place to get the Upstrem Oxygen Sensor..

http://www.densoaftermarket.com/oxygen-sensor.php
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the 04 05 sensors cost more because there wide band. i got my DENSO oem replacement sensor for $130 dollars at Advanced auto parts.
Old 04-16-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

One can purchase DENSO sensors at many parts stores.

You really need to make certain they are selling you the correct DENSO part number though, there are many different sensors for many different applications.

Quite often the OE (DENSO) sensors are reboxed by the parts stores, you have to actually look at each one to make sure of what you are getting.
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i never had a problem with getting incorrect parts from advanced auto but i definitely check the parts first before i buy them. i didn't want to have to deal with an online store waiting for shipping then potentially getting the wrong or damaged part. advanced was within driving distance.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-16-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-16-2013

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i never had a problem with getting incorrect parts from ..........
There is something about that line that struck me as immensely funny.
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

i don't follow ???
Old 04-16-2013

I read it as something along the lines of "I get ALL of my incorrect parts from........."

It was in my own head. Nevermind.