7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

picking brand and decision.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question picking brand and decision.

hello, I need help making a choice and I'm really in a tight budget...
my car is honda civic 2001 coupe.

so I need to replace my right lower ball joint, so I decided to replace left and right awhile at it. i have mechanic will do it for 60 buck for both sides. my original choice of brand I was going to buy was a Master Pro from O'reilly they going for 35.99 per box. than they have moog for 50.99 per box than they have beck/arnley, rare parts.
I read by people opinion go for moog on my research but the price is deep and than masterpro look so attractive and beck too but I don't want to put cheap a$$ ball joint either. I try look for them on honda estore but I couldn't find them or idk which category is in. so what y'all input?
Old 03-27-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: picking brand and decision.

I try look for them on honda estore but I couldn't find them or idk which category is in. so what y'all input?
In a catalog, it shows that Honda sells the knuckle, complete with the joint.

In the bulletins, they sell a ball joint by itself.
BUT
There are caveats with this, read the bulletin carefully.

Link to bulletin PDF: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...44342787,d.aWc

Someone posted here not too long ago about a ball joint that was replaced, that fell out and caused damage to the car and some grief. You might search for it.

I'd be leaning toward replacing the complete knuckle for a customer job. I absolutely do not need to be involved in any lawsuit over a failed ball joint installation.
Old 03-27-2013
Registered!!

contevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
In a catalog, it shows that Honda sells the knuckle, complete with the joint.

In the bulletins, they sell a ball joint by itself.
BUT
There are caveats with this, read the bulletin carefully.

Link to bulletin PDF: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...44342787,d.aWc

Someone posted here not too long ago about a ball joint that was replaced, that fell out and caused damage to the car and some grief. You might search for it.

I'd be leaning toward replacing the complete knuckle for a customer job. I absolutely do not need to be involved in any lawsuit over a failed ball joint installation.
whoa...
interesting read. I did look at whole knuckle part they want 300 bucks way out of my budget. but I'll show him the pdf hey may get offend by it lol he been working on car over 30 years but screw that im not trying kill my self nor someone else lol
Old 03-27-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

may get offend by it lol he been working on car over 30 years
I know plenty of people like that.
It's an ego thing.
BTW I have almost 30 years in now of earning a paycheck turning wrenches.
Get off my lawn!

Here's the link to the thread I was thinking of earlier: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...er-assmnt.html
A quote from that thread:"And IMHO potentially dangerous enough to cause him to be the star attraction of a huge lawsuit had someone been injured or killed because of this failure."

HTH
Old 03-27-2013
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

go to rockauto.com they have name brand stuff for real cheap they have a beck arnley one for 20 they also have a moog one for 12.54 i know they have a clearance sale from an email they sent me so that might be why that moog one is so cheap