7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

over heating

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crisss is an unknown quantity at this point
over heating

Soo i need help fixing an over heating problem i have i just drained all the coolant out and refilled it and im trying to bleed the air out but my fan wont come on however the temputure on my car isnt rising. Whats going on here? Oh and my car is a 2005 civic Ex
Old 03-14-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: over heating

The radiator fan switch is in a place that senses the temperature of the antifreeze coming out of the bottom radiator hose.

That means the fan doesn't run until the entire radiator gets hot enough (about 203*F). If you are outside and there is any breeze at all, it might cool off the radiator enough that it doesn't need to turn the fan on.

Or you have another problem.

I know that even inside the shop with no breeze at all, it can seem like it takes forever to run the radiator fans.

BTW: You better search this site using words like overheat, overheating, no heat......

HTH
Old 03-19-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Update??
Old 03-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crisss
Soo i need help fixing an over heating problem i have i just drained all the coolant out and refilled it and im trying to bleed the air out but my fan wont come on however the temputure on my car isnt rising. Whats going on here? Oh and my car is a 2005 civic Ex
the fan doesnt really need to come on to bleed the system....just drive the car and keep your eye on the temp guage and top up the rad/overflow as needed....

after i changed my water pump and thermostat (drained the entire cooling system) it took about a weeks worth of driving to "burp" all the air out to get the coolant level stable, i was just adding small amounts of coolant to the overflow during that time