7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Goodbye to my Civic(Crash inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matty2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Goodbye to my Civic(Crash inside)

Well I'll have to say goodbye to my dear 7thgen. Was a great car that got great mileage, and was always super reliable.
But on Friday I lost the car due to some really shitty driving conditions and split second decisions that ended with my car on its roof.

Please ensure you read the whole story if you intend to comment with criticism or your own interpretation of what happened. I've spent the last 2 days trying to correct people making all sorts of silly comments just because they didn't bother reading my detailed and well written account of what happened.

Also keep in mind speed limits are in Km/h

Here is the link to where I posted the story on my local car enthusiast website.

Crash in the west island
Old 03-12-2013
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Goodbye to my Civic(Crash inside)

Holy cow! Good thing you're okay

That's quite the acrobatic stunt you pulled. Looks like the car fared pretty well actually.

And that kind of pothole should be clearly marked or flagged for immediate repair... that's ridiculous... If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could win some kind of lawsuit over that
Old 03-12-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

That's crazy! Glad no one got hurt. Something needs to be done about that hole, that is ridiculous.

Lol, don't know if I would be thinking clearly enough to grab my sunglasses after that. I might even forget my cell phone (if I could find it)
Old 03-12-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a pothole, thats a sinkhole.... really sorry dude glad your okay though.
Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

a lawsuit for sure.....

get yourself a lawyer right now....you could win the lottery over this
Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

That's one of the problems when a pothole is filled with water, you have no idea how deep it is is.
Old 03-12-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

I would say that is one heck of a pot hole, You can't even see it in one of your pictures..deffinately a hazard
Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
bryan.0831 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn! You landed like 50 yards away from the pond.
I've been up there in Canada once and it's fairly slow traffic up there and lots of road construction in the summer.
I saw this on Instagram last night. I didn't know it's was recent and a member from here.
Glad you are doing well. Good luck..
Old 03-12-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

holey fu#$, dude...
I was there last week of february, i thought montreal was the same as it was as always... but if they letting a hole like that stay...

good to know you escaped unharmed from that...