7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My first honda performance tuning/body HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dannygrant66 is an unknown quantity at this point
My first honda performance tuning/body HELP!!

So i got my first ever car (honda civic 2001 4dr sedan Manual d17 engine) beacuse honda are jdm sexy besides that im new to the mods and what not and i just want a couple of pointers on what i should do to it lowring and stuff like that.also i wanted to know what else i could do to make this car go any faster without swaping the engine. i recent put on after market intake (cold air) and a mugen type r front lip all the help would be need thanks btw i live in canada
Old 02-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My first honda performance tuning/body HELP!!

Originally Posted by dannygrant66
also i wanted to know what else i could do to make this car go any faster without swaping the engine.

nothing.....

if you want a car for speed and HP then you bought the wrong car
Old 02-14-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
nothing.....

if you want a car for speed and HP then you bought the wrong car
i knew it wasnt at fast car at all believe me im only 17 working at mcdonalds -_-
not my first honda im plannin on gettin a nsx but thats when im older but what about mods to the body like lowring springs and rims you think cuz i have no choice to keep this car for a few years. plus im planning on buying tein springs but i only see ones for a coupe but ppl are telling me that it works for the sedan as well
Old 02-14-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Q: what model? EX have one and only one worthwhile mod for a *little* more power. other models does not

sedan are slightly heavier in the rear, so rear will endup lower, from what i have seen through the years in here. even more if you put a heavy sub in trunk. otherwise, it should fit - think they were same design?
My auto Sedan is long gone and was totally stock, so personally do not know details.
springs are better if paired with better shocks. stock shocks might die earlier if paired with lowering/stiffer springs.
teins had good reviews? so should be OK.
Old 02-15-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Q: what model? EX have one and only one worthwhile mod for a *little* more power. other models does not

sedan are slightly heavier in the rear, so rear will endup lower, from what i have seen through the years in here. even more if you put a heavy sub in trunk. otherwise, it should fit - think they were same design?
My auto Sedan is long gone and was totally stock, so personally do not know details.
springs are better if paired with better shocks. stock shocks might die earlier if paired with lowering/stiffer springs.
teins had good reviews? so should be OK.
tbh i dont know therim i think its dx and thats what ppl been telling me but is it a noticable diffrence or its alright?
Old 02-15-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-15-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

by noticeable diff you mean suspension or engine?

LOL, ezone, hope it actually have a snail someplace, and it's not the largest cold air intake with an intercooler "without a snail" system i ever saw
Old 02-17-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
by noticeable diff you mean suspension or engine?

LOL, ezone, hope it actually have a snail someplace, and it's not the largest cold air intake with an intercooler "without a snail" system i ever saw
more suspension wise and ezone tht config is alright. you have an after market turbo in their? and if so what engine is tht ? and will a cat back exahust to anything for my power wise or jus for good looks and sound?
Old 02-17-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
whats your current mods? what year is it ?year of da car ?4dr?
Old 02-17-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Let me clue you in a little bit here.......

http://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/youre-doing-wrong-95971/

If you wanted to find out about my own rides, click my handle and dig around.
Old 02-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the Water Sucker 2000!!!!
Old 02-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

Be prepared to be disappointed. It's going to be slow.
Old 02-20-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Here's a real good piece of advice: if you do it, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. Don't cheap out and get china junk only to waste more time+money down the line
Old 02-20-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Modding you car is fun but expensive when don't correctly