7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

blower and radio shut off at the same time ????

Old 12-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suzukirm is an unknown quantity at this point
blower and radio shut off at the same time ????

hey there guys and girls. i was just wondering if someone may know or can help me out. so basically i live in Toronto and drive a 2005 Honda civic lx 4 door. so today was a pretty crappy day outside grey sky's with some light snow flakes. i was at the lights waiting for a green light and all of a sudden the radio and the blower cut out completely at the same time, radio showed no power on screen for like 3 seconds and then they both came on at the same time again. and it did this like 3 times in a matter of 20 seconds that i was sitting at the lights. this happened in the morning we drove the car pretty much all day around the city doing Xmas shopping and it never happened again all day. we just got this car in the summer & hasn't had any problems so far. the first week of having the car i did the timing belt, water pump and thermostat. its been great since that. as far as i know the battery and alternator are original. by the way the radio was on a very low volume and we weren't running the blower on strong at all. it was on the lowest setting with the heating on the hottest setting. the engine showed no sign at all of stalling and was still idling perfect and the gauges on the car didn't dim or anything like that. if anyone knows anything about this just hit me a MSG and let me know what you think. for now i am just going to keep my eye on it and if it happens again i am going to take some more action. thanks for reading
Old 12-21-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: blower and radio shut off at the same time ????

I just browsed some wiring diagrams and didn't really notice anything that could be common and related to both items.

Did you happen to notice any other items that stopped working?
Old 12-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suzukirm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: blower and radio shut off at the same time ????

no everything else was fine. its very strange like i said the rest of the day nothing else like that happened. i asked a friend that knows Hondas very well and all he told me was that these Hondas and past gens were known for the shitty blowers but that's about it.