7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2002 EM2 Belt Problem

Old 12-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrCivic96 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 EM2 Belt Problem

I bought my mom a 2002 EM2 cause her old car was **** and It needed a upgrade so I traded for 2002 EM2. My mom is one of those peoples that if her seat belt isn't fastened she doesn't drive. The driver side Seat belt isn't locking, it pops in then pops right back out like if there is a spring. How would I fix this problem, without putting in money into it. If there is money involved what is the minumum to maximum
Old 12-12-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 EM2 Belt Problem

with something like that, the dealership should cover.. If I'm not mistaken, there's a lifetime warranty on seatbelts, so long as it's due to failure.
Old 12-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=SEAT+BELTS
or pull one out of a car yard for probably 50 bucks.
Old 12-12-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

INTERGALACTIC LIFETIME WARRANTY on seatbelt mechanical failures. (On US market cars of that era. Check your owners warranty info books.)

Go immediately to your dealer.
Old 12-12-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezone
INTERGALACTIC LIFETIME WARRANTY on seatbelt mechanical failures. (On US market cars of that era. Check your owners warranty info books.)

Go immediately to your dealer.
I was hoping you'd chime in to confirm what I said about the warranty.
Old 12-12-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought: Make sure the kids didn't stuff some loose change into the buckle.

C&P from page 35 in the USA warranty booklet for 02 Civic:
Time Period
This warranty continues for the
useful life of the vehicle.
Warranty Coverage
Honda will repair or replace, at its
option, any Honda seat belt
component that fails to function
properly during normal use. This
includes all parts and labor charges.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
• Replacement of a properlyfunctioning
seat belt assembly
strictly for cosmetic or comfort
reasons.
• Failure caused by abuse,
alteration, accidental damage,
misuse, or malfunction resulting
from a collision.
Old 12-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

so does this also include the mechanism that retract's the belt to its original position because mine doesn't return all the way and has slack.
Old 12-13-2012

Originally Posted by lowlife9
so does this also include the mechanism that retract's the belt to its original position because mine doesn't return all the way and has slack.
Ummmm, you need to ask your dealer if they will do anything about that. I know the manager (executive decision maker) at our shop has warrantied the retractor for exactly that before on a few cars.

But the real culprit is supposed to just be dirt.

Give this bulletin a read, see if it solves your problem:
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/files/tsb/a03-062.pdf

HTH