7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AC Delco vs OEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIGGS000 is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Delco vs OEM

I've looked around and haven't been able to find any information on this. I need to replace some software: LCA bushing, ball joint, sway bar mount and motor mount. I'm on the fence between ES, OEM and AC Delco. I've read a lot about ES (bushings and mounts) and now I'm a bit afraid of the difficulties with reinstalling the LCA. So, my question is about AC vs OEM. The two are comparable in price between Majestic Honda and Amazon/local shop. Are the AC parts just like OEM? If I were to install AC would I get the same results as using OEM? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-25-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AC Delco vs OEM

AC vs OEM. The two are comparable in price
OEM. Duh.
Old 11-25-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

OEM all the way.

I just replaced both my LCA's with OEM from Majestic two days ago. I had stated in another thread I was going to use ES, but decided to go OEM. Easy to replace and replaces both bushings on the arms. Ride smoothness increased significantly. Drivers side compliance bushing was about 90% torn. Going to try and get an alignment in the next week or so.

Another thing that swayed my thinking was that I read the ES bushings squeak a lot.
Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

nsxvtec will become famous soon enough

Hardrace is a good choice over OEM. Rubber also but a bit stiffer than OEM. Ride quality is much more composed and taunt. Just did a 99 EL all bushings Front and Back.
Old 11-26-2012
Registered!!

BIGGS000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks on the input between AC vs OEM. Looking like OEM is the way to go. It's getting pretty ridiculous between all the choices that are available. I had read about the squeaking from ES if you don't lube them well enough or once the lube dries out and the bushing needs re-lubing. I have read good things about hardrace. Anyone have any inputs on Moog? They also seem to be pretty good alternatives to OEM and keep to similar specs.