7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Window Regulator, No Auto Feature

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvilMidnight is an unknown quantity at this point
New Window Regulator, No Auto Feature

Last week the driver-side window on my 2003 Civic EX coupe suddenly collapsed into the door. I made the mistake of paying a mechanic to replace the regulator. Now the window moves up and down, but the "Auto" feature doesn't work; I have to hold the button down to get full range of motion. The replacement part is a Dorman Window Regulator #741-300. What can I do to get the Auto feature working again? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Window Regulator, No Auto Feature

I made the mistake of paying a mechanic to replace the regulator.
You paid a mechanic to do a complete job, right?

What can I do to get the Auto feature working again?
Have the mechanic finish the job.
He isn't done yet.
It isn't done until it works as designed.

Throwing non-factory parts in the mix only complicated things.

Grab the original motor and plug it in. See if the auto function still works with it. Go from there.
Old 11-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EvilMidnight
What can I do to get the Auto feature working again?
buy the OEM part
Old 11-13-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe the "auto" needs re-learned ?? Maybe not.

X3 on OEM stuff.
Old 11-13-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sad to say the aftermarket will prolly break in a few months. ive had it happen. oem is more expensive but lasts 10 yrs or more depending on use. my windows are still the original and i use the front ones maybe 10 times a day. there is no auto window learn on 7thgens. that is only for the cruise control on some coupes when the battery is disconnected. also for the future, never completely roll the window down and drive like that. you will go thru window regulators every year. the shock from road bumps will destroy the cable assembly in no time when in the lowest position.
Old 09-05-2017
Registered!!

rockyrock is an unknown quantity at this point

On this topic: anyone converted all four windows to Auto Up/Down? Is it possible?
Old 09-06-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rockyrock
On this topic: anyone converted all four windows to Auto Up/Down? Is it possible?
The safety electronics is on the master switch assembly (and maybe integrates micu)

Not an easy task.
Old 09-07-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CraigW
The safety electronics is on the master switch assembly (and maybe integrates micu)

Not an easy task.
The auto up would be the hard part. The auto down would be fairly easy for someone with good knowledge on how the system works.
Old 09-07-2017
Registered!!

rockyrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcnoople
The auto up would be the hard part. The auto down would be fairly easy for someone with good knowledge on how the system works.
That counts me out lol