7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has anyone bought Greaseable CV Joints?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tweav88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone bought Greaseable CV Joints?

Well hello there, I already know i have a bad passenger side CV joint, and eventually will just replace the whole axle, and will do front wheel bearings and ball joints while im at it.

Was just wondering if anyone has found any place to buy greaseable CV joints, as well as greaseable ball joints?

These ungreaseable things are junk.
Old 09-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough
Re: Has anyone bought Greaseable CV Joints?

Never even heard of greasable cv axles. Ball joints yes. If you actually grease them greasable wins hands down. If you are like most people and don't grease em like you should, non greasable wins. Wheel bearings are a pain, you have to press em out. If you are pulling the knuckle off the strut to do wheel bearings you should plan on getting an alignment too.
Old 09-23-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I bought greasable ball joints but if you look at your car the top of the ball joint is really close to the axle. The grease end won't fit on there. I had to ghetto rig something up
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

tweav88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm kinda like a Maintenance freak, On my truck which has greaseable everything except U-Joints I grease it every 3k when i do oil changes, it only takes 5 mins, I can't stand people who don't maintain things that cost thousands of dollars, its so simple and costs less money in the long run.

Wish the civic's suspension had grease fittings on all the pivot points/joints, would make the things last a lot longer.
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tweav88
Well I'm kinda like a Maintenance freak, On my truck which has greaseable everything except U-Joints I grease it every 3k when i do oil changes, it only takes 5 mins, I can't stand people who don't maintain things that cost thousands of dollars, its so simple and costs less money in the long run.

Wish the civic's suspension had grease fittings on all the pivot points/joints, would make the things last a lot longer.
I'm the same way and have about the same feelings. Beyond me why someone would spend 30 grand on something and not maintain the crap out of it. But why wouldn't they? They also spend 200 grand on a house and don't maintain it either sometimes...

The thought still stands though, most people won't grease like they should. With that in mind it is in the best interest of car makers to just make them "greased for life", and avoid the people that complain that these things fall apart before the warranty is even out. Usually the only time anything gets greased is at quick lubes. Enthusiasts, like a large percentage of forum stalkers are, are actually a small percentage of the general population. I can't change my own oil cheaper now, but still refuse to let some minimum wage earner touch my high dollar vehicles. Yes, those guys that actually do care and do good work are out there, I was once one of em, but they are not at every shop.
Old 10-09-2012
Registered!!

Largen is an unknown quantity at this point

Greasable CV Joint?... Well you can Re-Pack em if you want... thats usually only done if the joint is any good, and you just have a torn Boot... they are all "Greasable" but you only really do it if you tare your CV Boot, and replace it with a new one (PITA) to the best of my knowledge anywho