7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Interior front dash creaking/sqweaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Interior front dash creaking/sqweaking

Anyone get it? In winters its the worst and lessens up when hot but surprised i still get it in the summers. Cant tell if its my dash material or the windshield. Somtimes it happens all the time while driving and other times the squeaks and rattles are gone for days! Its coming from the passenger side dash.
Old 09-12-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Interior front dash creaking/sqweaking

Just wanted to be the first response on a soon to be 12 page long thread lol.

But seriously it comes from where the center dash piece (the one that hols the radio and climate controls etc.) meets with the rest of the dash.

It squeaks when it's cold because the plastic contracts and doesn't fit as well. So in the winter it will squeak until the heater starts blowing hot and warms the dash up. In the summer it wont start squeaking until you've had the ac on long enough to cool the dash down.

I found a place to apply pressure that stops it...for my car its in between the zone and temp dials, and then to the left where the center dash meets meets the rest of the dash.

I haven't tried it yet but my theory is if you put a piece of foam tape in that spot (behind the panel obiously), it will stop the dash from squeaking permanently.
Old 09-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Yeah, I used weatherstripping on mine.
Old 09-14-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Just wanted to be the first response on a soon to be 12 page long thread lol.

But seriously it comes from where the center dash piece (the one that hols the radio and climate controls etc.) meets with the rest of the dash.

It squeaks when it's cold because the plastic contracts and doesn't fit as well. So in the winter it will squeak until the heater starts blowing hot and warms the dash up. In the summer it wont start squeaking until you've had the ac on long enough to cool the dash down.

I found a place to apply pressure that stops it...for my car its in between the zone and temp dials, and then to the left where the center dash meets meets the rest of the dash.

I haven't tried it yet but my theory is if you put a piece of foam tape in that spot (behind the panel obiously), it will stop the dash from squeaking permanently.
Where exactly? I need to find out exactly where to put tape. I have to take the panel off?
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Just put it around the entire panel.
Old 09-14-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by lazlong
Just put it around the entire panel.
Where the panel meets the windshield and door or entire panel where the heat controls is?
Old 09-14-2012

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

http://slb.adicio.com/squisher.php?u...pg&w=617&h=411

Around the rim on the inside of this entire piece^
Old 09-14-2012
I am Epic

http://slb.adicio.com/squisher.php?u...pg&w=617&h=411

Around the rim on the inside of this entire piece^
Oh, well good luck fitting foam tape in there without ripping everything apart.
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

^^ ???

That's the heater control panel, the one we've been talking about. All you do is take the screw out of the bottom (behind the the cig lighter panel, which pops off) then the whole panel pops right off.
Old 09-14-2012

Lol dont take a step back civicnoobie....its really easy...havent you already done it to install a new radio?
Old 09-15-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by lazlong
^^ ???

That's the heater control panel, the one we've been talking about. All you do is take the screw out of the bottom (behind the the cig lighter panel, which pops off) then the whole panel pops right off.
Ill look for the screw, is it as easy as you may it sound?

Lol dont take a step back civicnoobie....its really easy...havent you already done it to install a new radio?
When i had my head unit installed, they didnt have to pop anything off. Maybe the panel for the cig adaptor thats it.
Old 09-15-2012

Yeah you have to pop off the shifter trim and that panel to get to the screw then the whole thing slides out