7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

3, not 4, innovative motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SniperGiles1 is an unknown quantity at this point
3, not 4, innovative motor mounts

Is there a reason innovative doesn't include the front motor mount for 01 ex?? I need quality racing mounts and they are the only ones with them minus the front. I've seen others use the OEM front with inserts when they've installed the innovative set but if I've been through 3 front mounts so far, 2 with inserts.
Old 08-26-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 3, not 4, innovative motor mounts

i have only the front mount inserts from ES and used them on an already torn oem mount. seems to be doing just fine for many years. i dont know how you could ever tear apart a poly mount. even with a knife you would have to saw thru the whole thing.
Old 08-27-2012
Registered!!

Its a track car that I drive very hard. Its been through 3 clutches and 2 trans and every time I've changed the clutch, I've changed the front mount. This is by no means a stock civic. But from what I've seen as far as availability of aftermarket racing parts for this car there are practically none. I guess I'm the only one that hasn't done an engine swap (which will happen at some point) or bought an older car to work on. This is my older car. It's an 01 with over 220,000 miles on it and its spent plenty of time on jacks since i got it .

Last edited by SniperGiles1; 08-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2012
Registered!!

Basically I just want too know if they don't include the front mount because you don't need it or they don't think a lifetime warranty on a part that takes so much wear is viable or what... If I get the innovative mounts and add the stock front mount to that, will the stock one hold up or will the same thing happen like before?
Old 08-28-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive heard a lot of bad about those innovative mounts to be honest. some could not even get them to fit. if its a track car, you are better off making your own mounts with a HARD setting poly compound that you mix first and then pour a mold into the old mount. let harden and install. there are plenty of different grades, and also plenty of diy on how to do this. may be the best option as "regular" poly that is used for inserts and aftermarket mounts is on the softer side for better ride quality.
Old 08-31-2012
Registered!!

Thanks for the info. I saw the DIY for the mounts.