7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight Questions

Hey guys, Im going to put new headlights in & have some questions. The low beams are the lights that you use when you turn your regular lights on & use as soon as it gets dark....the high beams are when you cant see anything on the road & need the extra light so this isnt something you should be using all the time. do people normaly change any other lights besides those??

Im getting some Silverstar Ultra's so I think I just need to switch out the low beams (i never use the highs so whats the point of switching those??) but wanted to see about maybe fog lights, the corner lights, or anything else.

Also - do our Civics have daytime running lights?? I've never noticed
Old 08-24-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Headlight Questions

If your car was built in the u.s. then you don't have drls. I have stock low beam and hi beam. But I own TYC headlights which use 2 seperate bulbs. The stock civic headlights use a dual filament (1 bulb) to control both low beam and high beam
Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

Hey thanks man!! Yes I went to Advanced Auto Pats & checked with them & was told it's just one bulb for lows and highs. I guess I just need a pair of those & im good then!

I dont think its necessary to switch any other lights up front?? People only do the lows/highs when they put HIDs right?
Old 08-24-2012
not new to this

coupedeill is an unknown quantity at this point

Just the 04/05's need 2 bulbs for high and low beam. I would look into philips bulbs, xp or vp... lots of reviews on the site. I do alot of highway and they put out better and last longer than the Sylvania's imo. As for foglights, grab some ebay ones they look just as good as the oem but without the mad price. Full install instructions on the site too.
Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

Well none of my lights are out but I buffed my headlights so I figured I should put some better bulbs in. Ive never heard of people "upgrading" the fog light bulbs or corners, thats what Im asking.
Old 08-25-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would switch out the accessory lights (turn signals, park lights, brakes) every year if you have the money. they do get dimmer over time when the filament starts coming apart and black residue gets left inside the glass. i bet if you take them out and examine, many of them will look dark and this blocks light. if they are clear, go ahead and keep em longer.