7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2003 Civic Wiper blade length (driver vs passenger)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012
Livin' life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgallag is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Civic Wiper blade length (driver vs passenger)

I took my wiper blade arms off and can't tell what which one goes on the driver's side and which one on the passenger's side. I have a 2003 civic lx. Could someone measure their wiper blade arms from the part that bends to the end. Currently, my driver's side is ~ 19" and my passenger's side is ~ 17.25." What side is longer on your 2003 Civic.

I took the arms off to spray them yellow and then now with them back on, they slap the bottom of the window area and slide off the left side of the window (on the driver's side). I tried to adjust the positioning of the wipers, but it does not seem to work. I assume the motor is working properly, but that crossed my mind. I just bought new wiper blades. The driver's side is 21 and the passenger's side is 19.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2003 Civic Wiper blade length (driver vs passenger)

yeah driver side is almost always longer in every car. 21 and 19 is the oem size, i preferred 18 and 16 when i ran them back in the day cause they wipe better without skipping. if they are sliding off the window, you need to take the arm off and reposition it higher. the teeth are grooved.
Old 07-22-2012
Livin' life

Thanks Gearbox! I appreciate it! So bigger blade goes with bigger wiper arm, right? For the driver's side and when it rains, the wiper blows past the window (going left) and slaps the paint of the arm. On the way down, it slaps the plastic past the actual window. I hope that makes sense. Thoughts?
Old 07-22-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

bigger blade goes on the DRIVER side arm. smaller blade on PASSENGER side arm.

and so what you're saying is that the wiper blades wipe further than they should?
Old 07-22-2012
Livin' life

Exactly! They move farther than they should in both directions!
Old 07-22-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if in both directions, your teeth are stripped on the arm mount or the stud (or both). first check the teeth on the arm, see if its rounded off or still has some defined grooves. it could just require new wiper arms. if the grooves on the stud part are damaged, that gets more expensive and complicated. its just normal wear and tear from using the wipers, not much you can do to prevent it.
Old 07-24-2012
Livin' life

Thanks Gearbox!! I will take a look at the grooves! I appreciate it.