7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2002 Ex Coupe project. Modifying [Help]

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicBoy91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 2002 Ex Coupe project. Modifying [Help]

Here is my 02 coupe. I just began modifying it. I would love advice on what to do and how to keep up with my car. please feel free to give any input. what you like and what you don't, and what i can fix an how. thanks guys!

Here's My video of my car
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1270& transactionid=1342712403-6631233167&posted_by=CivicBoy91_www.civicforums.co m&youtube_video_id=BhDc6dFCG-k[/autostream]

Name:  IMAG0013.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  114.7 KB

Name:  IMAG0014.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  119.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0015.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  102.5 KB

Last edited by CivicBoy91; 07-19-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-19-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 Ex Coupe project. Modifying [Help]

Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place, as civicforums started out as a dedicated 7thgen civic site. I don't quite know how I feel about the lime green, but it's your car, and if it suits you, then so much the better, right?

Just let us know what you wanna do with your car and we'll try to lead you down the right path.

And I'm sorry, I kinda had to laugh at "gotta have Sony" since their car audio line has always been fairly mediocre. Then again, I haven't even looked at Sony's car audio since the early 2000s
Old 07-19-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Hulk floor mats? What, are you 12? And you must be new to the car audio game. Sony car audio is some of the cheapest that you can buy. Might I recommend you go to www.caraudio.com/forum/forum if you want to learn about everything car audio. There are brand that are cheaper than sony and 3x more powerful and cleaner.

If the green theme is something you like, go for it. I think it looks terrible, but it's your car. I would also just leave the steering wheel alone, and use the money towards something better.
Old 07-19-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tipnitty
Hulk floor mats? What, are you 12? And you must be new to the car audio game. Sony car audio is some of the cheapest that you can buy. Might I recommend you go to www.caraudio.com/forum/forum if you want to learn about everything car audio. There are brand that are cheaper than sony and 3x more powerful and cleaner.

If the green theme is something you like, go for it. I think it looks terrible, but it's your car. I would also just leave the steering wheel alone, and use the money towards something better.
No I'm 21 sir thank you Hulk will always and forever be my favorite. thats who i am if you dont like it. i apologize but i cant fix it. and yes I am new to this whole car thing. but i have had other audio products that failed me and so far sony has been the best one i have had.

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place, as civicforums started out as a dedicated 7thgen civic site. I don't quite know how I feel about the lime green, but it's your car, and if it suits you, then so much the better, right?

Just let us know what you wanna do with your car and we'll try to lead you down the right path.

And I'm sorry, I kinda had to laugh at "gotta have Sony" since their car audio line has always been fairly mediocre. Then again, I haven't even looked at Sony's car audio since the early 2000s
Thanks for the welcome! What i want to do is keep my car simple and not flashy for right now. I would like a spoiler but i dont know any good places to go. My friend tells me to look into bose for the audio, so thats my next thing.

the problem i am having with my car as of now is, there is a lot of cranking and squeeking coming from the front of my car. Examples would be when i turn or come to or go over bumps in the road. would this be my shocks and struts? because i just replaced my brakes.
Old 07-19-2012
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, Bose is a good audio brand, but there are so many more choices out there for the price you'd pay for Bose. I'm just sayin. Definitely check out what tipnitty said about car audio. No offense to you, but it just sounds like you can learn a lot more about car audio so you can judge brands for yourself. But hey, that's what modding a car is about. Taking everyone's opinions with a grain of salt, researching what people said, then forming your own opinions. Maybe after some research, you'll find their opinions to be similar to yours, or be the complete opposite.

But, anyways, what kinda spoiler do you wanna get for your car? Since you said you don't wanna go to flashy, maybe an OEM spoiler or some sort of low profile spoiler like an M3 lip-style spoiler

and your suspension problem.. It could be a number of things. See if you can recreate the sound without moving the car (i.e. pushing corners of the car down with enough force to make suspension components move). Then, see if you can pinpoint where it's coming from.
Old 07-19-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicBoy91
No I'm 21 sir thank you Hulk will always and forever be my favorite. thats who i am if you dont like it. i apologize but i cant fix it. and yes I am new to this whole car thing. but i have had other audio products that failed me and so far sony has been the best one i have had.
21 and still have a hard on for the Hulk? Haha what ever floats your boat man. Just saying that if your best audio experience is sony, you have a whole lot of research to do before you make any more audio decisions for your car.

The site I posted is the best place for you to learn about your best audio moves. There are tons of product reviews and there is a lot of high end, brand name, equipment for sale and VERY good pricing.
Old 07-19-2012
Registered!!

21 and still have a hard on for the Hulk? Haha what ever floats your boat man. Just saying that if your best audio experience is sony, you have a whole lot of research to do before you make any more audio decisions for your car.

The site I posted is the best place for you to learn about your best audio moves. There are tons of product reviews and there is a lot of high end, brand name, equipment for sale and VERY good pricing.
ok. so in your opinion, what would be the best brand to check out because i want to actually upgrade. any recommendations?

Sure, Bose is a good audio brand, but there are so many more choices out there for the price you'd pay for Bose. I'm just sayin. Definitely check out what tipnitty said about car audio. No offense to you, but it just sounds like you can learn a lot more about car audio so you can judge brands for yourself. But hey, that's what modding a car is about. Taking everyone's opinions with a grain of salt, researching what people said, then forming your own opinions. Maybe after some research, you'll find their opinions to be similar to yours, or be the complete opposite.

But, anyways, what kinda spoiler do you wanna get for your car? Since you said you don't wanna go to flashy, maybe an OEM spoiler or some sort of low profile spoiler like an M3 lip-style spoiler

and your suspension problem.. It could be a number of things. See if you can recreate the sound without moving the car (i.e. pushing corners of the car down with enough force to make suspension components move). Then, see if you can pinpoint where it's coming from.
i like the OEM idea i think i'll look into it. and i'm going to try your suspension tips first thing in the morning. thanks guys
Old 07-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

your car lowered on these or something similar would look different
as far as sony they use to be good back when people listened to cassette tapes. i would look into Diamond Audio,Polk,Boston Acoustic,Morel,Focal,German Maestro the list goes on. for head units Alpine,Clarion,blaupunkt Eclipse,Micintosh. amps Alpine,Kenwood,JBL,JL Audio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VW4L8132.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	83722  
Old 07-19-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a couple suggestions. Basically, the car isn't really modded at all besides a deck. You've painted the hub caps, put seat covers on etc. To basically create a clean, nice looking civic you should do the following, depending on your budget of course.

1. Fix absolutely everything wrong with it, no matter how serious.
2. Tint (Cheap, and always makes the car look good)
3. Lower it properly (a good combo of struts+springs or coilovers, search forum)
4. A nice set of non flashy aluminum rims (lots of examples on the forum)
5. A lip kit, something simple.
6. An alpine deck, because they truly are badass. Any other audio stuff you want.

Your car is actually pretty clean except for the hulk stuff. Green is very flashy, so if you decide to go green.... it's flashy. Your kind of contradicting yourself.
Old 07-20-2012
Registered!!

Out of all the decks that I've had. Alpine has been my favorite deck by far with great integration. If you want a nice double-din screen, I currently have a pioneer p3200dvd. But it really depends on what you want the stereo to do and what your budget is.
Old 07-20-2012
Administrator
Administrator

if you went with the green like the rims in the pic that lowlife posted, I'd be fine with the green and black scheme.. From the pics, it looked like a faded... shrek green.. lol.. neon lime green works with imports though.. just don't overdo it, and you'll be fine.

The color scheme should be an accent, not attempts at being the main feature.

BUT, since you're going for the green scheme anyways, Tein makes green suspension components, and I've yet to be disappointed by their products
Old 07-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

Get some rims, and please no all black ones. They are very played out on Civis and just about any other car, especially amongst kids your age.

Lime green on black is kinda Monster Energy drink like, but if you like it, paint your valve stems and windshield washer nozzles lime green too.

As far as a spoiler, nothing beats the stock spoiler IMHO. It really adds some aggressiveness to the lines on the rear quarter without looking riced out.
Old 07-21-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by scooty
Get some rims, and please no all black ones. They are very played out on Civis and just about any other car, especially amongst kids your age.

Lime green on black is kinda Monster Energy drink like, but if you like it, paint your valve stems and windshield washer nozzles lime green too.

As far as a spoiler, nothing beats the stock spoiler IMHO. It really adds some aggressiveness to the lines on the rear quarter without looking riced out.
I agree about the all black rims.. that isnt something im interested in. I like the basic star rim. I checked out the spoiler you mentioned and I think that's the one I am going to get. Thanks for your input

if you went with the green like the rims in the pic that lowlife posted, I'd be fine with the green and black scheme.. From the pics, it looked like a faded... shrek green.. lol.. neon lime green works with imports though.. just don't overdo it, and you'll be fine.

The color scheme should be an accent, not attempts at being the main feature.

BUT, since you're going for the green scheme anyways, Tein makes green suspension components, and I've yet to be disappointed by their products
ok. this makes a lot of sense thanks.

Out of all the decks that I've had. Alpine has been my favorite deck by far with great integration. If you want a nice double-din screen, I currently have a pioneer p3200dvd. But it really depends on what you want the stereo to do and what your budget is.
ok. ill research alpine now... but putting my speakers in on the 02 civic was a b****! never again will i touch them. i will get the professionally done.

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
I have a couple suggestions. Basically, the car isn't really modded at all besides a deck. You've painted the hub caps, put seat covers on etc. To basically create a clean, nice looking civic you should do the following, depending on your budget of course.

1. Fix absolutely everything wrong with it, no matter how serious.
2. Tint (Cheap, and always makes the car look good)
3. Lower it properly (a good combo of struts+springs or coilovers, search forum)
4. A nice set of non flashy aluminum rims (lots of examples on the forum)
5. A lip kit, something simple.
6. An alpine deck, because they truly are badass. Any other audio stuff you want.

Your car is actually pretty clean except for the hulk stuff. Green is very flashy, so if you decide to go green.... it's flashy. Your kind of contradicting yourself.

I like your advice alot. Fixing all the problems is the best solution right. i just did all my breaks, and now its time for suspension and after that i am golden to get the tint and then to carry on with the rest of what you had posted. thanks

Originally Posted by lowlife9
your car lowered on these or something similar would look different
as far as sony they use to be good back when people listened to cassette tapes. i would look into Diamond Audio,Polk,Boston Acoustic,Morel,Focal,German Maestro the list goes on. for head units Alpine,Clarion,blaupunkt Eclipse,Micintosh. amps Alpine,Kenwood,JBL,JL Audio.
Where could i go to get my car lowered? expensive?
Old 07-21-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

do it yourself. not too complicated. there's a diy in the forum
Old 07-21-2012
Registered!!

Yeah I've been an installer and it's really not all that bad. But I've done it many times so it's easy to me. Haha
Old 07-21-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Lowering springs was the first DIY procedure I ever did on my car. Using the DIY guide on the site, took me and my equally inexperienced 16 year old friend 4 hours to complete in my driveway. I was being meticulous with the steps, too, because I was scared of messing stuff up.

Before then, all I've ever done on my own was an oil change.