7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My future project

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElHombre is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool My future project

I have a 2001 Honda Civic Ex, i love this little car, she is all black and i would like to turn my car into a sleeper ( car that looks stock but has a whole different thing going on under the hood). This being said i plan to make some exterior changes, rims, new spoiler, and new exhaust system, and some body work ( cleaning up the scratches and dents she has). Any brand suggestions for any of the things listed above?

Suggestions to any type of performance enhancing mods under the hood are also welcome

I plan to add a short ram intake, and a whole new engine ( what is the strongest engine that can fit into my car?)

Iknow its alot guys but if you got any suggestions, ideas ect. just throw them my way

I have two picture of my car here, since taking the picture i have removed the tint ( state laws ), i have cleaned the headlights as much as I can, and I have had to buy her some parts,( had a few problems with the o2 sensors, still do :/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0089.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	83670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0090.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	83671  
Old 07-12-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My future project

If you're gonna do a swap, don't bother with intake/exhaust yet. Well, I guess you can do exhaust, but you're gonna have to cut/weld it to fit later.

As far as swaps go, you can fit a K24 from a TSX/Euro Accord-R under the hood, as well as a K20 from the RSX/Civic Si. Browse the 7thgen swap section, and you'll find plenty of info about it
Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

If you want a fast car, I would recommend moving to a different car. That's just me. Make the civic look sleek and put the go fast parts into a platform that that is worth while.
Old 07-12-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tipnitty
If you want a fast car, I would recommend moving to a different car. That's just me. Make the civic look sleek and put the go fast parts into a platform that that is worth while.
^THIS.

if u want to go "fast" then be prepared to shell out roughtly $5-8k under the hood for a turbo or swap.

we're not discouraging you...we're just simply telling you the $ its gonna take to make your civic fast. and with that kinda money, your better off buying a relativly fast car or a car thats will be easily made fast. (thats what tippnitty is trying to get at)
Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

I mean I know Civic aren't exactly built for speed and that's fine. I just want to make modifications that are financially reasonable, improving its performance without breaking my bank. so with this in mind any advice? I've been thinking of getting it a short ram intake, exhaust, sway bars

As I mentioned before my o2 sensor has been acting up i got the code PO133 ( sensor 1 response malfunction, poor electrical connection). i have checked both sensors and they arent loose or frayed, i guess they just might be worn. Any good o2 sensors I should buy, any brands i shuld stay away from???
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

only use NGK or DENSO.
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ElHombre
I mean I know Civic aren't exactly built for speed and that's fine. I just want to make modifications that are financially reasonable, improving its performance without breaking my bank. so with this in mind any advice? I've been thinking of getting it a short ram intake, exhaust, sway bars
From what I've seen, power adders don't do a single this but drain your account. Since you have an EX, the ONLY adder I've hear that makes a difference is a stage 1 NA cam. As far as suspension, rsx sway bars are cheap and I hear they make a huge difference.
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tipnitty
From what I've seen, power adders don't do a single this but drain your account. Since you have an EX, the ONLY adder I've hear that makes a difference is a stage 1 NA cam. As far as suspension, rsx sway bars are cheap and I hear they make a huge difference.

Thanks for the insight man
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
only use NGK or DENSO.
what about Bosch, are they any good? and do you know where i can find Denso the cheapest?
Old 07-13-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

With a cam, that's when you'll supposedly see gains from bolt-ons.

You'll get good "bang for your buck" mods when it comes to suspension. Rsx rear sway bar was already mentioned. A decent spring/shock combo would be good, too, unless you wanna save for a set of good full coilovers. A front upper strut bar will do you good, too. I don't notice how much it actually did until I took it off to swap in my coilovers and forgot to reinstall it. There's actually one for sale right now in the fs section, as dude's asking a fair price for it, too.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...t-bar-em2.html