7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

How many miles have you gone between brake jobs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
donman is an unknown quantity at this point
How many miles have you gone between brake jobs?

Just wondering.... I bought my 02 Civic used 3 years ago. It had 142,000 miles on it. It now has 217,000 miles and they seem to be fine. Maybe the old owner installed new brakes before he sold it to me, but damn 75,000 miles on the same brakes WOW..
I far have you gone?
Old 06-27-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: How many miles have you gone between brake jobs?

The longevity of brakes depends on many variables such as what compound, what brand, the kind of rotor, how you apply the brakes, etc...

Usually the better and more aggressive brake setups will not last as long as the crappier ones. It's an inverse relationship.

My hawks hp+ have lasted me about 17k (on 2nd pair)
My hawks hp-c lasted me 20k+ but still had good life on them
and the hawk hps on my friends civic I installed are currently 25k+ right now
Old 06-28-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
The longevity of brakes depends on many variables such as what compound, what brand, the kind of rotor, how you apply the brakes, etc...

Usually the better and more aggressive brake setups will not last as long as the crappier ones. It's an inverse relationship.

My hawks hp+ have lasted me about 17k (on 2nd pair)
My hawks hp-c lasted me 20k+ but still had good life on them
and the hawk hps on my friends civic I installed are currently 25k+ right now
I know you right. I usually don't hit that much traffic due to the fact that my sorry *** is on my way to work at 4:45 in the morning. But I still don't think Ive ever had brakes last 73K. Trust me before I replace them I will be getting the name of them.
Old 06-28-2012
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

ive put about 30k miles on my car since Ive had it and I dont know how many were on the pads before I got it but these pads have not even started to wear at all. I think they are ceramic pads and they make a lot of noises when stopping but no wear what so ever.
Old 06-28-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^strange. ceramic pads are suppose to be quiet. what brand do you have? ive dealt with both autozone's duralast cmax and hawk hp-c; both are quiet.
Old 08-12-2013
Registered!!

Well its a year and two months since I posted this question. I just replaced all for brakes.
My car now has 247,243 miles on it... Those brakes lasted me over 105,000 miles....
Old 08-12-2013
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm. never really thought about that. I got my civic back in 2011 it had 146k on it...now has 155k. I'm going to start monitoring it.
Old 08-12-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicStan
Hmm. never really thought about that. I got my civic back in 2011 it had 146k on it...now has 155k. I'm going to start monitoring it.
Yeah take a look.... I've never had a car that has lasted this many miles before.
And yeas I've had many Honda's before. This one is mostly freeway miles. (95 percent)
Old 08-12-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

105K miles is a crazy amount of miles for breaks! I'm sure most of that is due to your daily freeway, traffic free commute. I also do mostly highway and got 70k out of my last set of pads.
Old 08-12-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
105K miles is a crazy amount of miles for breaks! I'm sure most of that is due to your daily freeway, traffic free commute. I also do mostly highway and got 70k out of my last set of pads.
70k is pretty damn good too.
Old 08-12-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

My OEM brakes on the civic went about 70K and still had tons of life left.
Old 08-12-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Pushing 70k on my 2010 and plenty of pad left, need to get them done due to the 3 years + on brake fluid. Going to have both jobs done at same time.
Old 08-12-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Brakes only get wear when you use them.

Someone that drives cross country all the time could wear out the car before wearing out the brakes.

Conversely, if someone delivers pizza for a living, their brakes won't last long at all.

A friend of mine used to drive a rural newspaper route. 250 miles per night. ALL stop and go. Hammer down for 1/4 mile, stand on its nose each stop. Ate up brakes about every other month. Wore out his welcome at every shop in town that offered lifetime brakes!
Old 08-12-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my Cruze I'm going to try and get 130k MILES out of my first set by hypermiling and NEVER using them
Old 08-13-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

my rear drums are still factory at 108k miles... and look brand new... pads were 2 sets so far? about 65k? one set were hawk blackies, tho...