7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

dent, what to do

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cannon is an unknown quantity at this point
dent, what to do

one day this dent came up on the drivers side door...is it repairable? how much do you think it would cost? please let me know..

Old 06-10-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: dent, what to do

Bodyshop.
Insurance.
Old 06-10-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well it depends how much you care. you could replace the door or patch the old one, it just depends how reliable you want the fix and how well you want everything to match. even replacing the door they have to blend the paint to the other panels. and silver is a very tough color to match unless you spray the whole car at the same time.
Old 06-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would just find a used door thats the same color that would be the easiest and probably the cheapest.

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-10-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i would just find a used door thats the same color that would be the easiest and probably the cheapest.
x2 that's what I was gonna say too. These cars are a rare find in bone yards around here, but look for a part out on here or craigslist...
Old 06-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i found a bunch of silver doors in your area here
http://www.car-part.com/
Old 06-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

It's fixable. You need to push/pull the dent out first. Take off the inner door panel and see if you access the back of the dent. Might have to remove the power window motor. If you don't have access then the dent will have to be pulled using a dent puller.

Once the dent is out, use filler to smooth out any imperfections, prime then paint. Use Duplicolor Perfect match spray paint and clear coat. Wet sand then buff and it will be good as new.

The door is already banged up, what have you got to loose? Might as well use the opportunity to pick up some body work skills.

BTW, installing used junk yard doors, is no easy chore either. You'll have no guarantee the door will fit the body lines on your car perfectly and it may not seal properly. I had this issue with a NEW door. It would not seal and there was a horrid quarter inch gap along the bottom. Luckily insurance was paying for it and the shop was able to somehow bend the door to fit my car. They tried to tell me my frame was bent. It wasn't.
Old 06-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cannon is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the help everyone, i will keep you posted with what i decide to do