7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

heater not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traveler286 is an unknown quantity at this point
heater not working

I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr automatic. A brief background of my car: I recently had a transmission replacement and I replaced the thermostat about 2 weeks ago and put a new brakes and rotors a week ago. In my previous threads, I mentioned about the transmission problem which has already been resolved ( thanks to all the advise). Also, there was coolant on the base of my battery and parts of the engine which was resolved by replacing the thermostat after I noticed that the lower radiator hose was cold while the upper one was hot. Anyway, I took the car for a drive after the brake job. I noticed that when I turned the heater on, it took a long time (probably 5 minutes) before I could feel it. I tried the AC and it worked fine. I then tried turning the heater on while I'm parked but no success. I tried turning the heater on again the other day and it seems that it is totally not working anymore. Any advise from the experts in this forum? All the info you guys put will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anibis will become famous soon enoughanibis will become famous soon enough
Re: heater not working

Are you going through any coolant? Any overheating?

If there was coolant at the base of the battery and around the overflow it probably puked some out, prob due to a leaking headgasket.
Old 06-08-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

make sure coolant is at max in the overflow tank when car is cold. make sure all radiator hoses are getting hot. if these are all fine, then you prolly have air in the system that you need to bleed out. check the overheating thread for details. make sure the heater control valve (in back of the engine bay) is fully opening when you turn the dial from cold to hot.
Old 06-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traveler286 is an unknown quantity at this point

The coolant is fine and the radiator hoses are both getting hot. It is probably air that needed to be bleed out. I'll follow your advise and see what happens. Thanks guys.