7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Possible New Car (EP3 or AP1)

Old 05-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Possible New Car (EP3 or AP1)

I've been looking around for a new car. My 2003 LX sedan is boring, and it will just be a money pit if I start putting money in it. Been looking at EP3's, AP1's, and DC5's.

So, I've been looking into getting a new car. I've found this ep3 for $7k, has 98k miles. If the dealership would do a straight trade -- my car KBB is $7.5k trade-in (realistically prolly like $6.5k) -- I'd be thrilled.

There's also this ap1 for $9.8k, 102k miles. I'm sure I'd have to add $1.5k-$2k. It'd definitely be more fun than the ep3, until winter arrives. Rwd + convertible + Ohio winter = no fun. And, a beater probably isn't an option.

One problem: my parents. I just have to talk my parents into it, and I'm set. They will only get me something reliable(yay, Honda!) and some thing with reasonable miles on it.
Old 05-28-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Possible New Car (EP3 or AP1)

get the AP1. how is that even a consideration with the ep3?
Old 05-28-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

AP1 + hardtop + winter tires.

Hands down, no contest.
Old 05-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

I'd definitely love the AP1, but the hard top would be another $2k-$3k. I'm sure the rwd would be fine in the winter, especially with snow tires. But, my parents seem not to believe in snow tires in spite of all the research I've show them.

Gonna talk to my mom tomorrow about going, and test driving both of them.
Old 05-28-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive driven or been in ep3 and dc5 they are almost as slow as a civic, even with bolton mods. been in an s2k once and will never forget it. there is no comparison even bone stock the ap1 is the way to go. with some light mods it will own the road. if you are not happy with the civic, i doubt you would be happy with ep3/dc5. s2k + supercharger = awesome. the only problem with all of these cars tho is the low torque curve. so for casual city driving, they would all still feel like a civic more or less. but yeah test drive is always a good idea. everyone is different and you have to be driving to get the feel of the car.
Old 05-28-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just buy the s2k and do this lol. you will be more than happy

http://www.kennedysdynotune.com/S2000.htm
Old 05-28-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

An OEM hardtop would be $2-3k, yes, but a painted carbon fiber hardtop is like $1800 new and FRP ones are even more affordable.
Old 05-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

no acura TL 3.5