7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with audio (01 lx coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
echo_O is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with audio (01 lx coupe)

Okay guys, so I just registered here on the forums. I am pretty tech savvy so hopefully car audio will come easy to me but i really need to know if this audio build will be okay for my car. I'm a complete noob when it comes to cars and this really isn't my field but its time to replace my speakers as 3 out of the 4 are blown out... stupid stock =p Anyways, here is what I came up with, with my minimal amount of research. Dont laugh at me, guys!

Also, not everything will be bought from crutchfield, it's just easier to link stuff from there since everything I want is on this website!

Head unit - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDE1...T.html?tp=5684

Front speakers - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB65...51s.html?tp=95

Rear speakers - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPR6...-69.html?tp=91

4 Channel Amp - http://www.crutchfield.com/S-x4UxtCe...er-reviews-tab

I understand that my head unit only has 2 channels so I would need 2 Y adapters, correct? Sorry guys I'm really noob at all of this, hopefully this isn't too embarressing!

LOL damn it put this in the wrong section I think.... Can a mod move this please?!

Last edited by echo_O; 05-25-2012 at 04:38 AM. Reason: im noob
Old 05-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need help with audio (01 lx coupe)

Your fine with what you selected. I don't want to get into discussing or sugesting brands because it really comes down to opinions. I will say I have had good luck with Alpine electronics and Polk speakers.

I have used Crutchfield as well as other places and it really comes down to figuring out the bottom line price. If Crutchfield includes the mounting and wiring harness for the head unit then you need to factor that in when comparing. There are also adapters for the front speakers that allow you to use regular instead of shallow depth speakers. That may open your choices up a bit and Crutchfield may include them with the front speakers.

It sounds like you plan to power the front and rear speakers from the four channel amp. Just be aware that it will probably have to be mounted in the trunk. This means that you will need to run speaker wire back to the front and out to the doors which is a good time to upgrade to heavier wire. Another option would be to first try the amp powering the rear speakers only. There are a couple of reasons for trying this. Running the amp bridged will provide more power to each of the rear speakers and you won't have to run extra wire for the fronts. Also since the head unit is powering only the fronts it will have more power available for them. The question is whether you will be able to get the balance you want between the front and rear with the difference in power. One disadvantage is it is easier to run all the wires at the same time.

If you mount the amp in the trunk I would run the power along the outside door sill and the RCA cable on one side of the transmission tunnel and speaker wires on the other side of the trans tunnel.
Old 05-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you shouldn't mix and match speakers because they will sound different. this is cheaper
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...io-db651s.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ne-SPR-69.html
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
echo_O is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome! thanks a lot guys this was a lot of help. It seems like many people like to mix and match speakers though? I feel like if you can tune it to your liking, it shouldn't be a problem! Yeah... I'm gonna let somebody whos an expert install these... hahaha. Thank god for nice friends, right? I'll of course help them out while they are installing everything though =p
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have never heard of people intentionally buying different speakers for mids and highs. subs are different.