7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

projectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point
projectors

im gonna get these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-Civic-...#ht_4909wt_930
i know they wont be as good as name brand but are there monstrous downfalls of these? I'm gonna get HIDs soon too
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

iridehonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: projectors

Worse output than OEM headlights is one major downfall. Looks, depending on your taste is another.

For that price, is there any reason you don't want to go with morimoto minis?
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

02whiteem2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell if your gonna spend that much why not just get them minis. They will be much better than hids in those.

Name:  DSC_0995.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0640.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  29.8 KB

Last pic is when i was installing them. got 5k bulbs and the cutoff is amazing when driving.

if your afraid of messing up your lights just buy a second set. I got these TYC replicas of amazon for like $40 a piece and they haven't leaked at all.
Old 05-15-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

OEM with Minis is infinitely better in every way
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I have the exact same headlights with 5000k HIDs and let me tell you, they look pretty cool, I like the style...but output is inconsistent and the cutoff isn't solid. The only reason I bought them was cause they were used and they were cheap. If you're gonna buy them new, just retro mini h1s in your stock housing and save the extra $300 you're gonna have to spend on them to fix those eBay projectors.
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Yup, go with the minis. They just came out with a new harness that supposedly works without any modification in our cars as well. I haven't tried it yet but when I bought mine they said since they were coming out with the new one soon that they would refund my money for the old harness after buying the new harness.
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

okay im gonna do that.. can someone post a link to the best retrofitting diy on here? and what specific stuff should i get? im getting 6000k bulbs but what adapter plates shrouds and wire harness should i get? should i get resealing glue? there were a bunch of different kits im looking at the stage 3 kit but only because thats the first i clicked whats the difference between kits? and for fogs do i just tie the wires into the corresponding wires for the low beams?
Old 05-16-2012
Registered!!

The main difference between the kits is the ballasts they use...the more expensive kits use OEM ballasts which start up a bit faster than the morimotos. That being said, the morimotos still reach full temp in less than 5 seconds.

The h1 projector mounts into the stock headlight hole, which is a 9006, do that's the adapter plate you wanna use.

The shroud you want really depends on personal taste, just be aware that the larger ones will likely have to be cut to fit into the stock headlight, so to avoid that, just get the mini Gatling gun shroud.

And in terms of the harness, it's included with the kit, so don't worry about that.

The reselling glue is a good idea to use to make sure the housing is sealed properly from moisture around where the lens meets the housing, as well as where the projector mounts in the stock bulb hole.

And for the fog lights, if you get a proper OEM or replica kit (mine was $50) it comes with a wiring harness that includes a switch and relay that fits into the OEM locations under the dash...all the connectors plug right in.
Old 05-16-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Aetoc
The main difference between the kits is the ballasts they use...the more expensive kits use OEM ballasts which start up a bit faster than the morimotos. That being said, the morimotos still reach full temp in less than 5 seconds.

The h1 projector mounts into the stock headlight hole, which is a 9006, do that's the adapter plate you wanna use.

The shroud you want really depends on personal taste, just be aware that the larger ones will likely have to be cut to fit into the stock headlight, so to avoid that, just get the mini Gatling gun shroud.

And in terms of the harness, it's included with the kit, so don't worry about that.

The reselling glue is a good idea to use to make sure the housing is sealed properly from moisture around where the lens meets the housing, as well as where the projector mounts in the stock bulb hole.

And for the fog lights, if you get a proper OEM or replica kit (mine was $50) it comes with a wiring harness that includes a switch and relay that fits into the OEM locations under the dash...all the connectors plug right in.
is there a way that i can have the fogs turn on and off with the low beams with out flipping a switch like when my brights turn on i wan the fogs to turn off with the low beams without using the switch
Old 05-16-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
is there a way that i can have the fogs turn on and off with the low beams with out flipping a switch like when my brights turn on i wan the fogs to turn off with the low beams without using the switch
Well if you wire the relay switch to the same switch wire for the HID relay then the fogs will come on with the headlights...but on an 04 the high and low beams stay on together when you switch to brights so the fog lights will be on anyway.
Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

okay so i shouldnt have to worry about a ticket then?
Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Ways to not get a ticket:
1.) Do a proper retrofit
1.1) Aim the beam at a decent height
2.) Use 4300k or 5000k bulbs for headlights. Anything above looks too blue and will have a cop on you in an instant. 4300 for best light output, 5000 for looks.
Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

^ What he said lol. You're not going to be driving into traffic with your hi-beams on anyway, so having them come on with the rest of the lights isn't gonna get you a ticket.