7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CIVIC BUZZ BUZZ at FREEWAY SPEEDS !

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bob1942 is an unknown quantity at this point
CIVIC BUZZ BUZZ at FREEWAY SPEEDS !

WE have owned the 2003 Civic LX for two years now and every time we get on the freeway and cruise over 60 MPH it starts to BUZZ it would come and go . It was a low frequency BUZZ and appeared to be somewhere in front of the drivers area. VERY annoying ! Sounded like a great big bumble bee . I LOOKED AND LOOKED for the problem for two years since we bought the car with no luck. TODAY I FOUND IT ! on both sides of the front windhield is a TRIM STRIP ! that runs up and down along the edge of the windshield . I grabbed it with my fingernails under the edge of the trim strip and the glass I was able to twist it right up from the glass and I could see how it could "FLAP" in the wind and cause the buzz . We were out on the road and had stopped for gas when I noticed this . I took a piece of thick corrugated cardboard laying in the trunk tore it in two pieces about 4 inches by 4 inches folded these in two to make them thicker . Grabbed the trim strip twisted it out from the glass and jammed the cardboard under the edge halfway up the windshield . I then did the same to the other side . Then came the TEST we got back on the freeway and there was NO BUZZ even at 75 mph. We now have a few hundred miles of freeway driving and the buzz has not returned so I am sure that was the problem. We still have the cardboard under the trim strips and I plan to get some RTV silicone windshield sealer and twist those trim strips back remove the cardboard and glue them down to permanently remove the buzz .

Just thought I would post this and maybe save someone all the time and frustration I had looking for this problem .

BOB1942