7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

performance parts question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point
performance parts question

I'm trying to upgrade the performance of my Civic and i saw on ebay they are selling those small fans that stick inside the air intake tubing so it draw more air into the engine, and i was wondering if anybody here has tried those on the Civic and if there was any noticable performance improvement ?
there is also the Raisin voltage stabilizer ECU that connects to the battery so it provides more electrical power to the engine components, they also claim an increase in horsepower, has anybody tried those on a Civic ?
Old 04-29-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: performance parts question

I haven't tried these personally, but most bolt ons will produce minimal gains on the D17.
Old 04-29-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I have a friend who purchased one of these fancy computer fans for his truck, he's the type who goes for quantity over quality in respect to mods (and women). With great excitement he proclaimed it would double gas mileage and add 50hp. Now, Honda/Toyota engineers are intelligent guys, if adding power were as simple as fitting a $4 computer fan into an intake I think they would have done it themselves and not left it up to someone from Hong Kong to market on ebay. That's just my opinion however. On the voltage stabilizer, Gear has/had one, they actually have the capability of doing something on certain engines, but D17s already produce an extremely strong spark through the coil packs so I doubt you would see gains.

If you want to make power on a D17 affordably purchase a stage 1 cam.
Old 04-29-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cja3455
selling those small fans that stick inside the air intake tubing so it draw more air into the engine,

also the Raisin voltage stabilizer ECU that connects to the battery so it provides more electrical power to the

Barnum was right.
Old 04-29-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
Barnum was right.

Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i read barnum was not the first person to coin that phrase on a side note that guys house is down the road from me.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Barnums phrase was more along the lines of "A customer born every minute".
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

supposedly '' there's a sucker born every minute ''