7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004 EX Coupe saying Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zealously is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 EX Coupe saying Hello!

Hey guys!

Just joined this site, and wanted to start out my post by showing what I am going to be working on for the next few years!

I am a "noob" at this car, (Had a chevy truck for years) and I don't really know much about it, but I hope this forum will be a great resource for me

Just got this car used, was vandalized so its not in the best condition, but I went and got 16 inch tires and wheels put on it. I guess my next step is going to start looking for a good cold air intake system to put in it. Any suggestions?

Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/efTNe#0

There are more photos, just look in the thumbnails to the right of the image.

What do you guys think?

Any tips or anything for a new owner would be much appreciated!

Happy Easter!
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road
Re: 2004 EX Coupe saying Hello!

Welcome to the site. I'm not really liking those wheels too much, but that's just me.

How many miles are on the car? Has your timing belt been replaced recently? If not it's probably something to look into.

As far as a CAI goes, they are pretty much just for show, no real gains there. I would put money into other things. Maybe get a set of OEM fog lights, or keep saving your money to lower your car.
Old 04-08-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks fairly clean already. Black out the headlights and get a drop.

I've got an AEM SRI and it's nice pretty easy to install too.

Also, Welcome to the site!
Old 04-09-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Nice! 04-05 coupe owners unite!
Air intakes and exhaust will get you no HP gain, but who freakin' cares when your car sounds better than the neighbor's Porsche.
So it's a good investment for car lovers.

Lowering your car is a decision you have to make carefully, considering your local weather conditions and such, but it will make your car look killer aggressive.

Haha, welcome to the forums! I guarantee you'll learn a lot about your car very quickly here!

Heck, I've only been here two weeks and already I'm addicted to my car!
I'm even currently the second most active user!
Old 04-10-2012
Registered!!

Zealously is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome guys

Yeah the wheels was not entirely my choice, the current tires on it were crap, all 15's with a random 14 wheel on the back right. So I wanted a quick fix, and its all the store had for 16 inch.

Anyway, I would love to drop it, The back, feels like its much higher than it should be, I assume to compensate for trunk weight? But I would love to lower it to make it a little more mean looking.

The Odo is about 150,400 something. Runs great, and loving the 32MPG I got this week.

Whats a good CAI system that most Civic drivers use?
Also have no idea where to start with exhaust..
Old 04-10-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

an intake isnt going to do anything for you car except make the throttle a little louder when you hit the gas harder.... as for power or mpg it does NOTHING.

in fact, it will make mpg worst because you will be sucking up hot air from your engine beause of the heatsoak of the aluminum intake tube.
Old 04-10-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

and as for exhaust, you get what you pay for. magnaflow, RSR, and HKS hi-power are a few of the good ones.

ive heard all 3 in person (and own the magnaflow and HKS) and they sound real good at ALL rpms.

heres a few things to consider:

1. an exhaust on a civic is mostly for sound (i say mostly bcuz if you boost or spray your civic, then its different)

2. most people who buy the cheap ebay fart cannons have a nasty sound ricer sound... it may sound nice at low revs or low speeds but it actually shounds like **** at higher speeds.

they will tell you it sounds nice because they've have either never heard their car from the outside going fast or have not heard a nicer and cleaner exhaust note that can be produced from our weed-wacking engines. (but hey, if you like that weed-wacking lawn mower sound then more power to you)

3. you will not really gain any HP from an exhaust. and if you get bigger pipping you will lose torque.

4. theres nothing you can do to make your civic gain hp unless you spend $4000+ on an engine swap or turbo/tuning.

our civic and its d17 engine was made to sip fuel, not make power.
Old 04-10-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

But if you want your Civic to be throaty and loud, by all means go for an exhaust system and intake. Even if you are losing power, torque, or mpgs, it's too minimal to notice on a daily driver. If you enjoy a car that sounds fast and looks the part, go for it, just don't try to race any Subarus or Vettes any time soon... race bicycles and enjoy your fuel efficient D17