7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

My headlights suck!

Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awdcivic2 is an unknown quantity at this point
My headlights suck!

quick question yall. i have an 02 civic si and ever since i got my car 4 years ago the lights have been terrible. if i am in the city i cant even tell if there on. when its raining and its nighttime in a city i litterally cant even see the road my lights are so bad.
there not fogged over and ive done headlight cleans. even when i put new silverstar ultras or whatever the top quality halogens i put in it didnt make much of a difference and there still awful.

is there any headlight like the whole plastic housing i could replace them with? like idk if its the mirror part of the headlight housing or if its just the light suck. oh and also where are good places to get xenons lights? would new projecter headlights make the xenons brighter than if i had the stock housing also?
Old 04-03-2012
A scene before your eyes

Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Re: My headlights suck!

Wierd. Any high intensity bulb should work. If your mirrors were damaged or improperly working then they would be very noticable, you did say the lenses were clean. The only thing I can think of would be to ensure the adjustment for the level of the headlight has not been disrupted. Im not sure but it is probally possible that the energy required to throw the nessesary electrical output to the bulbs is disrupted some where as well. But not sure of that. I would check the level first.
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

siverstars are not brighter there just whiter the brightest legal bulb is phillip extreme bulb.
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

siverstars are not brighter there just whiter the brightest legal bulb is phillip extreme bulb. and buying cheap ebay projectors will give you the same light output or worse your only real option is to install mirimoto mini projectors from here http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181 then ad HIDs. those mini projectors bolt rite into place you just have to open up the headlights.
Old 04-04-2012
Registered!!

my headlight housings arent damaged or anything. my lights have always been really dim. like i can drive no problem with no lights on im so used to pretty much not having lights.
i thought projectors were different housings for the lights to go into?
Old 04-04-2012
Registered!!

yes they sell housings with projectors in them but there all cheap crap there are no real quality housings there just not made.and if they are as bad as you say they are maybe there is something wrong take a pic of them and post it.
Old 04-04-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
yes they sell housings with projectors in them but there all cheap crap there are no real quality housings there just not made.and if they are as bad as you say they are maybe there is something wrong take a pic of them and post it.
thanks man i understand what projectors are now. i thought you were supposed to just stick a hid bulb in place of the halogens. little did i know i was wrong lol.
but yea im gonna get some of these retrofit bi xenons. thanks man. when i get em ill actually be able to see =).
Old 04-04-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Are your housings stock? Dim headlights can also result from low alternator output, bad grounds, poor connections, compromised wiring, etc. Your lumen output is directly proportional to the amount of voltage supplied to the headlight.