7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Came across used Koni Yellows and GCs on CL. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pheet is on a distinguished road
Came across used Koni Yellows and GCs on CL. Need help!

So here's the deal. I came across http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...934710385.html a few minutes ago while browsing CL. I quickly texted the guy regarding some questions about them and this is what he had to say:

"Hi, the setup came with my 90 Accord when I bought it. The guy told me they would fit, but when I checked out the model number they turned out to be for a 01-05 civic. Si I dont know how many kms are on them, and pretty sure none of them are blown to my knowledge. The only thing that seems wrong is the if you look closely at the picture the right side black piece may need to be replaced? Honest sale, if they dont work out for your car I will refund your money."

That's what he had to say about them. My questions now are, will they really fit and if this is a good deal? Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Came across used Koni Yellows and GCs on CL. Need help!

It looks like our suspension, you'd need to confirm by looking at the part numbers.

It's a very good deal, they don't look like they have more than a years use on them.
Old 04-02-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

koni yellows are different from the 01-02 and 03-05 (50mm vs 55mm housing)

and GC are also different form the 01-02 and the 03-05 (had to fit the 50 or 55mm housing). the two also have different fitting top hats/bearings

you want to make sure u have the correct part for your car - depending on which year you fall under
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Damn....wish things like this would show up around me.
Old 04-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
koni yellows are different from the 01-02 and 03-05 (50mm vs 55mm housing)

and GC are also different form the 01-02 and the 03-05 (had to fit the 50 or 55mm housing). the two also have different fitting top hats/bearings

you want to make sure u have the correct part for your car - depending on which year you fall under
These are completely assembled with top hats, so they should bolt onto any 01-05 Civic. The only possible issue would if they're in 01-02 struts, since Pheet has an 05(?), that's easily remedied by a 5/8 drill bit though.
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

I have an 02, lol:P Thanks for all the replies! Im just waiting for my tax refund and Ill come pick these up. It looks like the right strut assembly needs to be replaced due a missing chunk. Anyone know how much a shop would charge to get one of the inserts into an OEM strut?
Old 04-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I was so off

A tuner shop would probably charge an hours labor, maybe less. It's not that much work. Basically, drill a hole in the bottom, cut the top, stick insert in, I think..
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

Okay thanks! Ill give the guys from Rise Auto Salon a call.
Old 04-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I was actually going to say in my previous post, you should call Phil@Rise and ask lol
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

Yeah haha. They replaced my lca bushings for 300 bucks no tax. Thought it was a pretty good deal so yeah haha