7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exterior ideas and questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MixedCivic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exterior ideas and questions

I have a 03 Civic Ex (pix in profile) and i was wondering about a spoiler i would like to add. Anyone have any idea where i may purchase one or browse a certain brand? thanks for your time and help!
Old 04-02-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Exterior ideas and questions

ebay, amazon or your local craigslist
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Turn off your computer and don't add any spoiler.
Old 04-02-2012
not new to this

coupedeill is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the look of factory spoilers, or a low profile one, somethin like a tsunami lip. To each his own but the links you have attached on ur profile dont flow with the car at all imo. good luck...maybe check out members ride pics for some ideas.
Old 04-04-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

oem spoiler on ebey for like 45 pre primed all you have to do is get it painted i think oem spoilers look awesome i know a guy that had a 93 civic and had a big wing spoiler and it was placed in the middle of the trunk at just the right angle (he didnt measure it it was just accident) but it created a perfect foil and he got 49 mpg after getting like 35 he said
Old 04-04-2012
Like WHITE on RICE.

CoMPuLSiVE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tipnitty
Turn off your computer and don't add any spoiler.
Old 04-04-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

whats wrong with spoilers? though i agree it looks cleaner without one. The spoiler is cheap but once you add paint job and installation its $200-300.
Old 04-05-2012
Registered!!

Grey Ghost will become famous soon enoughGrey Ghost will become famous soon enough

I like the rear lip spoiler. I know you have a coupe, but you could get one from Ebay, and you could shape it appropriately for that M3 look. This lip cost me less than $75 USD total with the flex color matched paint. All DIY.

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 04-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

When people say "don't put this on your car", and it's aesthetics, it makes me wonder if they go up to people with different clothes than they wear and say "you know, you'd look better without that. dress like me".

Seriously, this is all a matter of personal preference. If you want a spoiler, get one. If you want a wing, then we might have some problems here.... I want a wing on mine, but it's because I'm trying to match a certain look. Someone who just buys a generic wing, and throws it onto a stock looking car, however, just makes their car look stupid. But hey, this is all personal opinion. You might like that look.

Places to buy from: sponsors of the forum, ebay, craigslist, amazon. If you've a friend who used some place in specific, and had good luck, give them a shot.

Brands: does it matter who makes it, if it doesn't look the way you want it to? Find what suits the look you want, then see who makes one from the best materials/etc., and what fits your budget.

Just get something you like. That's pretty much all you should worry about in my books.
Old 04-05-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Agreed, it's all personal preference.
But if you go with a spoiler like that, prepare to get attacked by most every other driver on the road who knows something about cars.

Basically, a bolt-on adjustable wing like that is designed to look and function like a race car's rear wing; to provide downforce. Truth be told, and it's no secret, your Honda is not RWD so downforce is only going to slow you down and hurt your MPGs. If you decide to buy a wing like that, find one that has a low-pitched (or better yet) flat angle. And again, prepare to be laughed at by non-Honda owners.

If I were you, I'd go for a body styling wing instead, much like the ones on the 04-05 EX coupes or even a small lip spoiler like pictured below. My personal favorite for the sedans is a window spoiler. It's a little lofted wing that goes at the top of your rear window. it's subtle, doesn't hurt your performance, and looks sporty instead of trashy.

I'm not gonna tell you what you should get because it's 100% your decision, but If I were you I'd reconsider the options.
Old 04-05-2012
Registered!!

canadiankid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
I like the rear lip spoiler. I know you have a coupe, but you could get one from Ebay, and you could shape it appropriately for that M3 look. This lip cost me less than $75 USD total with the flex color matched paint. All DIY.

i have to say that i absolutely love the look of the m3 style lip spoiler. It's just enough to have something there but not so much that it draws too much attention