7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Old 03-20-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
Ok thanks, guess i cant do anything. Legal, but still incredibly shady business, blatantly ripping off and lying to your customers. I dont know how people can feel good about themselves doing this..
Welcome to planet earth, you must be new here, why don't you have a seat over there and wait for the next orientation.

It's your responsibility to do your homework before making major purchases to prevent being at the losing end of a deal. If you can't get financed through a traditional method, that's a sign you probably shouldn't be purchasing a vehicle unless there has been a significant change in your financial situation. If the lender chooses to offer you financing, you need to realize someone with bad credit is at a high risk of defaulting and they need to justify the risk.
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tipnitty is on a distinguished road
Re: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Something about this whole thing is fishy as hell to me. Not about the car, the straight stupidity of OP.

1) If I've bought my fair share of cars in the first place and I have NEVER heard or seen someone tell me "its time to make a decision".

2) If your parents didn't want you looking at cars, what the hell do you think they were going to do when they found out you paid that much for a car?

3) You said you really don't know much about cars/buying process. Then what the hell are you doing it by yourself for?

4) That interest rate seems like something you made up on the spot and just ran with it for some reason.

I've tried to read this whole thread but I can't do it. You keep coming across a phony to me and now its hurting my head. I call BS on this story.
Old 03-20-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by fsckewe
I hate this expression, but such is life. And get off that mind set. Note it and attempt to recognize it quickly the next time. You don't need to be doing anything to them, but avoid them and future situations.

You mentioned something that really strikes me as a red flag. You didn't want to take a parent with you to help you out. Stop ****ing doing this. You clearly have a weak point in your personality that will just get walked on over and over throughout your life. You need support from people close to you, to make decisions like this. Use your brain dude. Don't hide things from people like your family and ask for help.
I didnt mention to my family cause im not even suppose to be shopping for a new car. If they found out how much i paid they would kill me. I was going to just say i traded in my car for a newer one and paying montly like. $200 a month. Dont forget my civic now i just bought 1 yr 7 months ago.

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Welcome to planet earth, you must be new here, why don't you have a seat over there and wait for the next orientation.

It's your responsibility to do your homework before making major purchases to prevent being at the losing end of a deal. If you can't get financed through a traditional method, that's a sign you probably shouldn't be purchasing a vehicle unless there has been a significant change in your financial situation. If the lender chooses to offer you financing, you need to realize someone with bad credit is at a high risk of defaulting and they need to justify the risk.
Well i have rebuilding credit and my current job ive only been here for 1.5 months. Its a temp to perm job but no gaurentees i get offered perm. I will find out in the next week or so if i do.

Before this i was looking at the 2011 gen coupe, only 4600km, went to test drive it twice. I got approved, financing was 20% for 7 years. It was too high so i was suggested to consider lease to own where it has a mandatory buyout at end. i was this close to getting it. I asked for numbers just in case, 38k over 4 yrs for 24k car.

$3325 down (covers first and last months payments)
$553/month for 46 months
3.8% int
9.8 int after you include admin fees

$9000+ tax buyout = 9450

Grand total after 4 years. 38,218 for 24,087 car. Thats to the exact dollar after taxes. I told the guys at hyundai i couldnt do it but they kept saying i could and to just refinance the $9450 buyout in 4 years.. "just refinance it just refinance it"

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I know this won't really help that much, but I've learned the hard way that you either buy brand new at 0-.99% or buy used and pay cash straight up. Financing without superb credit will rape your bank account for 6 years and there will be nothing you can do about it.

I went behind my father's back when I bought my civic in 2008 (the one I have right now on this forum), and I am extremely lucky he paid the remainder for me 2 years later so my $12,000 car ended up costing me $16,000, instead of the $28 f-ing thousand it would have cost me if I continued to pay the monthly premiums at the current interest rate I had. That dealership took advantage of my lack of experience in car buying and played me good, and it was completely my fault because I just had to have a new car. If it wasn't for a very generous father, I would still be paying $430 per month and almost the same in insurance.

Basically, what I'm saying, is don't do anything behind your parent's back, cause it's just gonna cause more problems than it helps, trust me.
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
He told me the vin was changed and the carfax he showed me, said car was stolen, paid out and vin changed.
..You would have to be retarded to consider ANY lawsuit. If you aksed him a question and he gave you an answer I dont see ANY problem.

If you asked him if the VIN was changed and he said no then you would have a lawsuit.

If you asked him if the VIN was changed and he said it was "clean" he is just playing with words and thats fine too. (Hes alowed to do that)

I know your personal finances is your business but if you dont even have a permanent job I think it would be really stupid to finance any car. If you stop making payments they tow the car and your assed out of your money that you invested. I say get a steady job before financing anything.
Old 03-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
I know your personal finances is your business but if you dont even have a permanent job I think it would be really stupid to finance any car. If you stop making payments they tow the car and your assed out of your money that you invested. I say get a steady job before financing anything.
I have the same opinion, and I assure you, everyone reading this thread is thinking the same thing and trying to be nice about it. I would advice you to sit down and write up a solid five year plan for your personal life, career goals, and finances before proceeding with any other major decisions like buying a car.

Since the purchase will no longer be proceeding, this thread will now be closed.