7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Yeah, my math can't be right. It must be a depreciating payment but these are things you need to know before you ever legally sign any sort of loan agreement. If the math is right you would be in a far better place to buy a new car with a 0% over 60 months or 1.9% over 60 months. Then you would have a 5 year old car and far less paid in interest.
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Re: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Originally Posted by Stock 99
Yeah, my math can't be right. It must be a depreciating payment but these are things you need to know before you ever legally sign any sort of loan agreement. If the math is right you would be in a far better place to buy a new car with a 0% over 60 months or 1.9% over 60 months. Then you would have a 5 year old car and far less paid in interest.
If i could i would, and would have long ago but i cant. Best is the 19.5% finance or a lease to own (basically you own it cause mandatory buyout) with 3.8% over 4yrs and 9k plus tax buyout at end. This wouldnt be on civic btw, before this car i was actually visiting my local hyundai dealer 2 or 3 times to get a deal done on their 2011 genesis coupe but the best they got for me was still too high. With all taxes and fees, 38,218 over 4 yrs for a 25k car. I know i can refinance the buyout in 4 yrs for like another 4 or 5 yrs but itll just add to the cost. And they would install a gps on my car to see where i am. I actually much prefer the gen coupe but the cost is why i havent got it two weeks ago.
Old 03-17-2012

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I realize everybody's credit is different but this is why I find 19.5% to 10% so outrageous....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Civic si (base) Canada.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	82817  
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Ok im here about to go in with the full intention of my money back and not gonna take any **** from this scumbag. Here we go!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Went in and the finance mgr just arrived went right into her office. She knew something was up cause she seemed like a completely different person than yesterday. Yesterday she was so friendly, today woah rrrrroar. Same with the sales scumbag, he saw me and didnt even say hi cause he knew something was up. This is a big time shady place. She already knew why i showed up half hour early. Told her I said I cant take it and she got the guys and told them. They said i have to come back at noon to get my deposit back cause the owner has to sign off on it and hes not in till noon.
So im going home for few hours.

Wanna know first thing the sales scumbag said to me? He obviously wasnt happy but i dont give a ****. "its too bad youve wasted everyones time" Im saying in my head, is this dude for real? WHAT A ****IN PIECE OF **** THIS ******* IS. YOU WANNA BURN BRIDGES, THATS THE WAY TO DO IT. He obviously doesnt care about their reputation at all.

Him: Why cant you take it?
Me: I just cant take it
Him: Why?
Me: Sorry Its just not gonna happen
Him: But why? There has to be a reason behind it. Youre worried about the paint job on the bumper arent you?
Me: Nope
Him: What about the new vin? If thats what youre worried about, it has no affect on the car cause the title is still an active status. Like I said the car was stolen but recovered and paid out by the auto insurance. It being given a new vin has nothing to do with the title, its clean, it has no rebuilt status, no leins, its an active status like i showed you on the carfax.
Me: I didnt say anything i said ill be back at noon

Are you for real dude? What a ****in piece of **** this guy is.

I just thought in my head, if its a clean title than why did the vin get changed? Hes obviously covering something up.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Just got my $500 back onto my bank card. I went in few mins after noon and the owner was there to sign off on it. He was really nice, can tell hes wealthy, and just said sorry for it not working out. I said its ok, not his fault, blame it on your sleezball ******* sales guy. Lie after lie after lie. He refunded me the money and off I went. He seemed like a decent honest guy unlike that jackass salesman.

He said Monday theyre getting another 09 civic if I want to come back. I said no thanks, I wont be back.

I consider myself lucky getting my $500 back.

Thank you all for your advice. If I didnt make this tread I know 100% i would have this car right NOW.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-17-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

good job you learned a good lesson about car dealers not all are like thisbut most of them are. goodthingyou didn'tsell your car.
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by lowlife9
good job you learned a good lesson about car dealers not all are like thisbut most of them are. goodthingyou didn'tsell your car.
i cant believe that jackass "its unfortunate you had to waste everyones time here." Only a true lowlife scumbag would say something like this. Im not returning but what if it was another person in my spot and they wanted to pass on this one but would be shopping for another car on thier lot. then he just automatically lost a sale. Loser.

I should have done myself a favour and avoided this mess and walked out when yesterday he said "either take the car right now or get out" What a douchebag.

I google them up and all 5 reviews are the exact same on their site. Ya theyre definitely fake, from employees most likely.

Im tempted to write a bad review on them but dont want them calling me up in 2 weeks giving me hell.

A friend of mine says its illegal for a dealer lot to sell theft recovered cars and especially at clean title price, is that true? She says i should report them to the news business scam dept.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-17-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2012

Good for you to get your money back! I really didn't think that was going to happen. Consider it a learning experience for the next time you go to look at a car.
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Good for you to get your money back! I really didn't think that was going to happen. Consider it a learning experience for the next time you go to look at a car.
Well i wont be looking at anymore cars, its been 3 weeks now car shopping and already ran 2 financing apps so no more. I think with what happened at this one, its just a sign that i shouldnt be even looking at a new car in the first place. I really did like this Civic, generally dont like the 8th gens but the SI with the k20 and suede interiors and the look really sold me. And I think the car looks awesome.

I was really looking forward to driving it home on Monday after work

I still prefer the 2011 genenis coupe over it though. Im still approved for that but its a no go cause the price is way too high.

If you look at the pics here of the SI I was THIS close to bringing home, click on the pics, go to pic 3 and you can see in the front shot the 2 spots where the horrible paint job was applied. I dont even need to point it out its so hideously obvious. Whoever did that paint job should be ashamed of themselves, its lumpy too when i ran my finger over it. Felt rough, almost like there was holes in the bumper and someone just put filler in it and painted the top of it white with house paint. Youd have to see it in person just to see how bad it is.

http://www.checkeredflagautosales.ca.../id2320556?seo

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-17-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It's probably good that you didn't buy the Genesis either, because like you said, your parents would freak out if they learned you were trying to buy a new car. Just love your 7th gen until one day it dies, and save for a new car until that day comes.
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

They wouldnt be happy but they would accept it IF I needed a new car. But if they found out i bought it just cause i wanted a nicer newer car and on top the interest im paying on it long term, theyd kill me. $463 for 10 months, then around $430 for the remaining 62. That would have been a long term disaster. I could cut the int in half once but doubtful twice. Doubt the bank is willing to accept less than 5% int from me. It would have been 19.5 then down to 9.75.

I didnt look into the exact rate on what the insurance would be on the 09 SI but i did on the gen coupe while back and it was surprisingly only $18 more a month (I pay $87 now). But like you said SI requires premium fuel which long term would add up whereas the gen coupe doesnt.

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It's probably good that you didn't buy the Genesis either, because like you said, your parents would freak out if they learned you were trying to buy a new car. Just love your 7th gen until one day it dies, and save for a new car until that day comes.
Old 03-17-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Another epic thread.
Old 03-17-2012

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
and the look really sold me. And I think the car looks awesome.
Ummm, That's cool if it does it for you. I looked at those pics and I've really done my best to like the new Civics the last little while but... I just can't. I'm pretty sure this will be the last Civic I ever own. The only other one's that really do it for me are the early 90's hatchbacks and the odds of finding a good one at this point in time is pretty slim to none
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	92-95-custom-honda-civic-hatchback-1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	82825  
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

First thing i noticed driving it, is its a huge difference the interior feel from 7th gens. I think its cause the front is so flat so the windshield is at a lower angle. The dash is deep, you could probably lay a 8 course dinner on it, its got so much plastic there.

Ummm, That's cool if it does it for you. I looked at those pics and I've really done my best to like the new Civics the last little while but... I just can't. I'm pretty sure this will be the last Civic I ever own. The only other one's that really do it for me are the early 90's hatchbacks and the odds of finding a good one at this point in time is pretty slim to none
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

i just did the math cause i figured i was curious on what the car would have costed me at the end of 6yrs. im just going by the best case scenario with the bank.

$463 for first 10 months.

Then i get int. cut in half from 19.5 down to 9.75.

$430 (this is what dealer quoted me with 9.75)
So $430 for another 10 months.

And lets say for another 10 months i can get it cut again in half for the remaining term (5%). And this is a BIG if, i dont even know if id be able to get a second cut so quick if at all.

$390 for remaining 52 months.

--------------
$4630 first 10months
$430 next 10 months
$390 for 52 months

-----------------

$29, 210 rough estimate. Wow huge overpayment. Thats almost double than the 16,695 price. Even having it cut twice down to 5% it still adds up.

Remember i got quoted a 2011 genesis coupe with 4600km at a hyundai dealer for 38,218 over 4yrs for a 25,187 car (these prices include all taxes and right to the exact dollar). Thats high too but this civic deal seems like much worse of a deal.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-17-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

hey, guys, however lives nearby in canada, there's a great car 09 Si, great conditions and no real issues with titles and the sellers have been softened up by a prospect buyer that did not understand life at all (he thinks the problem is that he does not know cars, but he effing does not have a clue on life and people).

go in that dealer and get that great car.
It was driven by a gentleman, and no real issuies in the car.
Don't buy a genesis from a certain guy, he does not even have a clue that a genesis is RWD and need to be driven completely differently than our FWD.
Old 03-18-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad to hear that you got your money back. Good for you for handling the situation properly and saying no. Let this serve as a lesson... it could have been so much worse and you could at this very moment be 30k in debt for the next 6 years. Imagine that crap. Learn to love your current civic and treat it well. Yeah it's not perfect but it's yours.
Old 03-18-2012
I am Epic

and see even though i know its not illegal to sell theft recovered cars with swapped VINs, but to play dumb and sell it as a clean title price, BSing your customer about how clean the cars record is, it is very shady if you ask me and completely dishonest.

Thats flat out lying to your customers face.

An honest dealer would sell the car at the real discounted value, not as a clean title because they changed the vin on it. So the car report he showed me wasnt even the real one cause its not the cars original VIN on it. That is sneaky if you ask me.

not only are you lying to your customer but you are ripping them off. I could never do that, i have too much dignity and self respect to do something like that. You have to be absolute lowlife scum with no class to pull that off.

All this sale scumbag kept saying to me "it doesnt matter if it was stolen and paid out...its still got an active status"...."the car is clean with an active status" Cause i told him near the end that i aint buying a stolen and paid out car cause it has a total loss status on it. He goes "thats false, stop listening to your friends" "Its still got an active status" "Well then its unfortunate you had to waste everyones time"

Originally Posted by Brian1037
I'm glad to hear that you got your money back. Good for you for handling the situation properly and saying no. Let this serve as a lesson... it could have been so much worse and you could at this very moment be 30k in debt for the next 6 years. Imagine that crap. Learn to love your current civic and treat it well. Yeah it's not perfect but it's yours.
Old 03-18-2012
Registered!!

fsckewe is an unknown quantity at this point

and see even though i know its not illegal to sell theft recovered cars with swapped VINs, but to play dumb and sell it as a clean title price, BSing your customer about how clean the cars record is, it is very shady if you ask me and completely dishonest.

Thats flat out lying to your customers face.

An honest dealer would sell the car at the real discounted value, not as a clean title because they changed the vin on it. So the car report he showed me wasnt even the real one cause its not the cars original VIN on it. That is sneaky if you ask me.

not only are you lying to your customer but you are ripping them off. I could never do that, i have too much dignity and self respect to do something like that. You have to be absolute lowlife scum with no class to pull that off.

All this sale scumbag kept saying to me "it doesnt matter if it was stolen and paid out...its still got an active status"...."the car is clean with an active status" Cause i told him near the end that i aint buying a stolen and paid out car cause it has a total loss status on it. He goes "thats false, stop listening to your friends" "Its still got an active status" "Well then its unfortunate you had to waste everyones time"
Dude, you really need to take some time to reflect on this. You need to sit back and look at how you got yourself in this situation and what you can do to avoid it in the future.

And stop it with all the "he did this" and "he lied to me" bullshit. Guess what, you are going to meet tons of people like this over your life.

Buying a car is a huge investment, use your god damn brain. Do you research on the car, and finances, and payments, etc, and go in knowing what you are willing to pay. Don't let salesmen talk you into buying a car. Know what you are willing to pay at what rate and if they can't meet that keep looking.

I could go on forever. Just use your fscking brain and don't make an emotional buy.

wowo
Old 03-18-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by fsckewe
Dude, you really need to take some time to reflect on this. You need to sit back and look at how you got yourself in this situation and what you can do to avoid it in the future.
Well i should have gone to see the car in person first before calling the finance manager and getting her to run the app that i filled out on their site. Then getting her to process it and getting the call back 2 days later im approved.

Reason i didnt do this was cause i didnt even know if i was gonna be approved so i figured id run the app first and not bother looking at the car in person until i get a final decision on whether im approved or not.

Buying a car is a huge investment, use your god damn brain. Do you research on the car, and finances, and payments, etc, and go in knowing what you are willing to pay. Don't let salesmen talk you into buying a car. Know what you are willing to pay at what rate and if they can't meet that keep looking.

I could go on forever. Just use your fscking brain and don't make an emotional buy.

wowo
I know my fault that i didnt do the math and overlooked the long terms costs of it. When i got the call Fri afternoon, an hour before getting off work, i was just so excited all I thought was im getting a new car and will have it in my hands within the next few days.
Old 03-18-2012
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I have purchased only two used cars with significant value in the past and I can tell you this.

-GET A WARRANTY!! (I dont think you mentioned anything about a warranty)
You dont need to buy an extended warranty, but if the car doesnt come with a standard one then dont buy it. Just get one for the drivetrain - for the motor and transmission at a minimum of 6 months is all you need.

-Figure out interest and payments BEFORE putting ANY money out. Seems like you had no idea what payments would be like. Also ask the dealer straight out what else you have to pay. MANY times they add extra **** in there like for their "paper work" that could cost you a few hundred dollars. (Many times when you ask for lower monthly payments they just cut down on principle and raise the interest) Make sure you know what your doing. If you dont you will get screwed badly. Take someone who knows with you or, take a bank loan out from somewhere else, and pay with a bank check.

-Lastly, if they are pushy and not fun to deal with walk away, no matter how good the price is. Chances are you will get screwed later on anyway. They are supposed to cater to your needs, your NOT wasting their time no matter how long it takes. If it takes you two or three weeks to decide thats your problem not theirs. If any place says your wasting their time, bring your business elsewhere. Its their JOB to cater to you.

On a side note: I looked at maybe around 10 cars when I went to go buy my Civic. I test drove all of them after spending all day, I even settled for one and was about to to paper work on it. I decided last minute I didnt want it. The man who was dealing with me didnt say why I wasted his time.. He simply told me no problem, just go back out onthe lot and keep looking. He didnt say why I wasted his time he said I dont want you to buy anything that you dont like. It was his job as a sales man to do this.

Last edited by 04 Honda Civic; 03-18-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2012
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

A car dealership is allowed to use opinions to make a car sell.

Example:

If you ask how good or nice this car is and the sales man says its a great car even if he knows its a piece of **** is NOT illegal.

If you ask how many miles a car has and he says it has 10,000 miles when he KNOWS it really has 100,000 miles that is illegal and can get him in trouble with a lawsuit.

Lesson is- if you want to ask questions on a car dont ask opinionated questions, they are useless.
Old 03-18-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
If you ask how many miles a car has and he says it has 10,000 miles when he KNOWS it really has 100,000 miles that is illegal and can get him in trouble with a lawsuit.

Lesson is- if you want to ask questions on a car dont ask opinionated questions, they are useless.
Thanks for your insight.

Well given your example, its exactly like mine. I asked at first if the cars record is clean and he says yes even though its not. I could get this dealership in serious trouble for selling a car with a swapped vin no? And most likely they did the swapping too. its either they who swapped it or the Mazda dealer who sold the car to them (if thats even the truth that is, they probably got it from an auction). I very HIGHLY doubt a large Mazda dealer would be swapping vins.

A friend of mine said i should report them to the police. I called the police to inquire and they said yes its a serious offense to swap vins, and that would result in a hefty fine and possibly lose thier business license.

They said they could meet up with me to open a report and they will investigate. They would obviously go visit this shady dealer and find out who exactly changed the cars VIN. They said to think about it and give them a call back if I wanna go ahead with it.

Do you think I should do it? The only thing is they had run my credit app prior so they still have me in their system with all my personal info and credit history. If I report them and they get in serious trouble, I dont want these idiots trying to get revenge on me by doing something with my personal information.

What do you think? What would you do?
Old 03-18-2012
Registered!!

You would have to specifically ask if the VIN was swapped. If you didnt then he didnt do anything wrong. I am suprised it wasnt on the car fax. Was it?
Old 03-18-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
You would have to specifically ask if the VIN was swapped. If you didnt then he didnt do anything wrong. I am suprised it wasnt on the car fax. Was it?
He told me the vin was changed and the carfax he showed me, said car was stolen, paid out and vin changed.
Old 03-18-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

He told me the vin was changed and the carfax he showed me, said car was stolen, paid out and vin changed.
That's a legal vin change.
Old 03-19-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by MindBomber
That's a legal vin change.
Ok thanks, guess i cant do anything. Legal, but still incredibly shady business, blatantly ripping off and lying to your customers. I dont know how people can feel good about themselves doing this..
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

.........but still incredibly shady business, blatantly ripping off and lying to your customers. I dont know how people can feel good about themselves doing this..
I hate this expression, but such is life. And get off that mind set. Note it and attempt to recognize it quickly the next time. You don't need to be doing anything to them, but avoid them and future situations.

You mentioned something that really strikes me as a red flag. You didn't want to take a parent with you to help you out. Stop ****ing doing this. You clearly have a weak point in your personality that will just get walked on over and over throughout your life. You need support from people close to you, to make decisions like this. Use your brain dude. Don't hide things from people like your family and ask for help.
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

Reason i didnt do this was cause i didnt even know if i was gonna be approved so i figured id run the app first and not bother looking at the car in person until i get a final decision on whether im approved or not.
Getting approved before you look is usually a good order of business. How do you know what you can afford if you don't know what you can borrow? Also, unless you can get some stupid rate like 0.9 or 1.9 or 2.9%, probably not a good idea to finance from the dealer. Try a bank or credit union.

I know my fault that i didnt do the math and overlooked the long terms costs of it. When i got the call Fri afternoon, an hour before getting off work, i was just so excited all I thought was im getting a new car and will have it in my hands within the next few days.
ding ding ding ding ding! And there you have it. Read that again and ask yourself how you got into this situation.

You've gotten a lot of good advice from several people in this thread. Stop reading posts and coming up with the "I did this because" responses. Read and soak it all in.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend