7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Old 03-16-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
But if they call the cops on me, ill get taken to jail. Are you saying if cops show up, then make a scene with them and cops will hopefully be in favour of my side?
You won't get taken to jail, they'll just tell you to leave.

Tell them you're contacting the Better Business Bureau as well.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Re: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend

BBB is useless plus i dont have time to deal with that. It takes like 3 months to have it filed and they dont do anything.

I need to find a friend to come with me. ****!!!!!! I WISH ONE OF YOU GUYS WERE LOCAL AND COULD COME WITH ME!

Im praying to god that they will just make this easy and refund my deposit and out i go.

Originally Posted by MindBomber
You won't get taken to jail, they'll just tell you to leave.

Tell them you're contacting the Better Business Bureau as well.
Old 03-16-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Im gonna find a friend to bring with me.
That's a good call. Authority figure, like a parent even better.
Old 03-16-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

You aren't an idiot... many other people would have fallen for this scumbag and bought the car. You haven't, and at worst you'll lose $500 (which in retrospect is nothing compared to what you could have lost). Go in there tomorrow, say you can't buy the car and get your money back. Walk out then spread negative feedback about this dealer like wildfire.
Old 03-16-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

BBB is useless plus i dont have time to deal with that. It takes like 3 months to have it filed and they dont do anything.

I need to find a friend to come with me. ****!!!!!! I WISH ONE OF YOU GUYS WERE LOCAL AND COULD COME WITH ME!

Im praying to god that they will just make this easy and refund my deposit and out i go.
Businesses actually take BBB pretty seriously, just threatening them with it can be enough to get them to give you back the deposit.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by Stock 99
that's a good call. Authority figure like a parent even better.
Parent is a no go. If they found out ive been car shopping they would kill me cause they know i have bills to pay first. I dont have many friends but i might call up one of my mechs.
Old 03-16-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

BBB isn't useless. To a dealer, an unhappy customer should be far worse than losing $500. Unfortunately it isn't always like this, but it's how it should be
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Brian1037
BBB isn't useless. To a dealer, an unhappy customer should be far worse than losing $500. Unfortunately it isn't always like this, but it's how it should be
I posted an ad up on craigslist looking for someone whos willing to come with me tommorow. Will hopefully get a reply tonight!

My appt is at 930am tomrw but shes there at 9am. She said 930 to give her time to work the papers. Ill get there before 9am.

I wont be able to sleep tonight dudes. I wont.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

You aren't an idiot... many other people would have fallen for this scumbag and bought the car. You haven't, and at worst you'll lose $500 (which in retrospect is nothing compared to what you could have lost). Go in there tomorrow, say you can't buy the car and get your money back. Walk out then spread negative feedback about this dealer like wildfire.
I feel like an idiot cause i was pressured like you wouldnt believe in making my decision on the spot inside the mgrs office. WTF kind of treatment is that? They were literally closing in 5mins, they came up to me and said "decision time, either you take it or next guy will take it."

What i dont appreciate is being lied to saying how that other guy was coming back at 6 and buy the car IF I dont take it. They closed at 6! There was no guy coming back! He said he was there on the lot, i bet you that was all a lie! There was a couple other customers but they were looking at other cars.

Oh MAN ive lost all respect for this guy now. Hes nothing but a conartist.

Before i went into this place, i looked on their site and all the customer feedback was highly praised and couple said that they werent pressured at all! Thats why i gave these scumbags a call!
Old 03-16-2012
Sedans > Coupes

I posted an ad up on craigslist looking for someone whos willing to come with me tommorow. Will hopefully get a reply tonight!

My appt is at 930am tomrw but shes there at 9am. She said 930 to give her time to work the papers. Ill get there before 9am.

I wont be able to sleep tonight dudes. I wont.
I think that the craigslist thing is a bit overkill. Get in there at 9:10 and interrupt her and say that you came early to save her from wasting time on the papers since you're not going to be able to buy. Don't say "I don't wanna buy", say "I won't be able to buy". Blame it on something else financial, if anything. Say you just want your deposit back and you'll be on your way.

Before you walk in the door, sit in your car and think very hard. Get a goal in mind: your $500. Don't veer off that target. Don't let that salesman f you over.
Old 03-16-2012
Sedans > Coupes

I feel like an idiot cause i was pressured like you wouldnt believe in making my decision on the spot inside the mgrs office. WTF kind of treatment is that? They were literally closing in 5mins, they came up to me and said "decision time, either you take it or next guy will take it."

What i dont appreciate is being lied to saying how that other guy was coming back at 6 and buy the car IF I dont take it. They closed at 6! There was no guy coming back! He said he was there on the lot, i bet you that was all a lie! There was a couple other customers but they were looking at other cars.

Oh MAN ive lost all respect for this guy now. Hes nothing but a conartist.

Before i went into this place, i looked on their site and all the customer feedback was highly praised and couple said that they werent pressured at all! Thats why i gave these scumbags a call!
Shouldn't trust online reviews. I bet some of them were written by employees over there. Word of mouth is the way to go my friend.

Edit: Not that you should only go to places you hear talked about.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

Im hoping the sales guy wont be there. But he probably will. Right now hes the last person i wanna see in my face. I have no respect for what hes trying to pull. People like him, people i dispise i cant even look in the eye.

I hope they just make it easy tommorow, i really dont need to be dealing with this bullshit on my day off.

And considering this car already has a buyer who has been approved, IF that really is the truth then they shouldnt have any problem refunding me my money.

I just cant believe the amount of pressure i endured when i was in that office. You guys should have been there, you would be taken back. It was unreal and completely unacceptable literally cornering me and forcing me to make a decision on the spot.

I think that the craigslist thing is a bit overkill. Get in there at 9:10 and interrupt her and say that you came early to save her from wasting time on the papers since you're not going to be able to buy. Don't say "I don't wanna buy", say "I won't be able to buy". Blame it on something else financial, if anything. Say you just want your deposit back and you'll be on your way.

Before you walk in the door, sit in your car and think very hard. Get a goal in mind: your $500. Don't veer off that target. Don't let that salesman f you over.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

I dont think ill be able to find someone to bring with me in the morning. Im really hoping someone from craigslist will reply to me tonight
Old 03-16-2012
Sedans > Coupes

The craigslist thing is sad. Be a man and do it on your own.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

*cough*cough* ruuuunnnnn, don't walk. Switched out VIN #. Ruuuuunnn, doubtful you'll get your deposit back though.

I don't know if you did the math, but I just did (roughly) and that will be around $7000.00 interest your going to paying on that loan.
Holy **** $7000 interest. Interest does get cut in half after 10 months though. But still

Also my monthly payments were actually $463 not $300.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

The craigslist thing is sad. Be a man and do it on your own.
Well just wanted someone just in case things get hasty.

So ill show up at 9am or few mins after in case shes late. Ill go in and say i cant take it. Then theyll ask why and ill just say i cant take it.

If they really wanna know why, well its cause of all the red flags. Even if this car wasnt stolen previously, the 5-6 insurance renewals is a deal breaker no? And how about that $10 insurance claim? Ive never heard of a $10 insurance claim before and bumpers dont just randomly dent.

im praying man, im praying.
Old 03-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah your card didn't work because they wanted cash so you wouldn't get your deposit back if you backed out sorry man but considering there work ethic i don't believe you will be getting your deposit back.
Old 03-16-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Don't be a *****.

You need to go in there with the attitude that you're walking out with the deposit, period. When you want something, go after it without any doubt in your mind that you'll get it, whether it be the deposit, or anything else in life.
Old 03-16-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Well just wanted someone just in case things get hasty.

So ill show up at 9am or few mins after in case shes late. Ill go in and say i cant take it. Then theyll ask why and ill just say i cant take it.

If they really wanna know why, well its cause of all the red flags. Even if this car wasnt stolen previously, the 5-6 insurance renewals is a deal breaker no? And how about that $10 insurance claim? Ive never heard of a $10 insurance claim before and bumpers dont just randomly dent.

im praying man, im praying.
Don't do this... I know people like you Civicnoobie and the second you give them an inch they'll take a foot. Mention the red flags and they'll dismiss them one by one and try to convince you to buy. And you'll probably walk out with the keys to the car cause you seem like a pushover (no offence, but it's honest). Just say that you can't buy it, and stay strong to your guns.

Good luck.
Old 03-16-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^That.

Don't give them a reason, it's none of their damn business.
Don't listen to any retort on why you should buy it, because you shouldn't.
If they tell them you've wasted their time, tell them they've wasted your time and it's more valuable than theirs.

Psych yourself out, listen to rage music and go in like ready to fight to get the deposit back.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

Don't be a *****.

You need to go in there with the attitude that you're walking out with the deposit, period. When you want something, go after it without any doubt in your mind that you'll get it, whether it be the deposit, or anything else in life.
Should i go in with a not so friendly attitude, with them being well aware that im not impressed by their antics or be nice like always? I really hope that scumbag sales loser isnt there tommorow.

Don't do this... I know people like you Civicnoobie and the second you give them an inch they'll take a foot. Mention the red flags and they'll dismiss them one by one and try to convince you to buy. And you'll probably walk out with the keys to the car cause you seem like a pushover (no offence, but it's honest). Just say that you can't buy it, and stay strong to your guns.

Good luck.
True i wont say anything about the red flags.

^That.

Don't give them a reason, it's none of their damn business.
Don't listen to any retort on why you should buy it, because you shouldn't.
If they tell them you've wasted their time, tell them they've wasted your time and it's more valuable than theirs.

Psych yourself out, listen to rage music and go in like ready to fight to get the deposit back.
Im just gonna go in (wont even bother saying hi) and ill say "I cant take the car" when they ask why ill say i cant do it, so im just here to get my deposit back. And ill say it in a sturn voice, if they keep asking me why then ill just keep repeating myself.

Like i said if this scum bag really does already have an approved buyer lined up right behind me, he wouldnt question me at all. He would get it over and done with.

They were so nice today and tommorow im not looking forward to seeing their nasty side.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-16-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Buy it cuvicnoobie. These guys are just jealous that you have an si.
Old 03-16-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i got a feeling he's going to walk out of there with a si and the deed to the brooklyn bridge.
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
Buy it cuvicnoobie. These guys are just jealous that you have an si.
This is why i should never step foot in a car lot alone. Just cause i dont know enough about cars. The sad thing is, say i went in on a morning. I can almost assure you i drive home with the car that day. Good thing i didnt. That was primarily what prevented me from taking the car today, by going in an hour before closing.

I have to say that it is a really nice car, though I find the interior dashboard way too long and deep. But no way i can take this car. Theyre hiding something that isnt showing up on the car report.

It just doesnt add up. The $10 insurance claim, the do it yourself touch up paint on the bumper. The new VIN, 5-6 new insurance registrations on it already, etc. Like why would a stolen but recovered and paid out car get a new VIN? If this dealer is pulling sneaky stuff off like changing vins, then thats being totally dishonest to your buyers.

Like MB said, theres a reason why Mazda sold it to them. If this car was in such great shape, Mazda would have no problem keeping it on thier lot.

The sales guy, he just comes across as very suspicous. Hes a foney. Nothing but lies.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 03-16-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Should i go in with a not so friendly attitude, with them being well aware that im not impressed by their antics or be nice like always? I really hope that scumbag sales loser isnt there tommorow.

Im just gonna go in (wont even bother saying hi) and ill say "I cant take the car" when they ask why ill say i cant do it, so im just here to get my deposit back. And ill say it in a sturn voice, if they keep asking me why then ill just keep repeating myself.

Like i said if this scum bag really does already have an approved buyer lined up right behind me, he wouldnt question me at all. He would get it over and done with.

They were so nice today and tommorow im not looking forward to seeing their nasty side.
There's a time to be nice, and there's a time not to unfortunately.

Don't be nice.

Demand the deposit back, don't listen to anything they have to say, because it's all completely irrelevant.
Old 03-16-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

and don't buy a different car they have on the lot...
Old 03-16-2012
Registered!!

go in there tomorrow and do this
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1208& transactionid=1331957459-69378518&posted_by=lowlife9_www.civicforums.com&yo utube_video_id=zSTEqHxh3fI[/autostream]
Old 03-16-2012
I am Epic

There's a time to be nice, and there's a time not to unfortunately.

Don't be nice.

Demand the deposit back, don't listen to anything they have to say, because it's all completely irrelevant.
Ok. Ill just say the minimum that needs to be said and make it quick. I dont even want to see the sales scumbag. Ill deal with the finance mgr most as i can.

Words cant even explain what i think of this sales scumbag now.
Old 03-16-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Holy **** $7000 interest. Interest does get cut in half after 10 months though. But still

Also my monthly payments were actually $463 not $300.
Man, you need to sit down and do some serious math before you ever buy a car or get a loan for anything for that matter.

$463x72 months = $33 336 - $16 500 (original purchase price) = $16 836 interest.

In 6 years that car that car will be 10 years old and maybe worth $5000.

BTW - $7000 interest figure was amortized @ 10% for 6 years

Last edited by Stock 99; 03-16-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2012
I am Epic

Man, you need to sit down and do some serious math before you ever buy a car or get a loan for anything for that matter.

$463x72 months = $33 336 - $16 500 (original purchase price) = $16 836 interest.

In 6 years that car that car will be 10 years old and maybe worth $5000.

BTW - $7000 interest figure was amortized @ 10% for 6 years
Holy ****. 33k for a 3yr old used civic. thats terrible. So those numbers were at 10%? Youre right in 6 yrs i would have dropped 30+ grand on it and car resale value would probably be 7000. So 23k or so to own the car for 6 yrs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well folks, looks like I could be retiring my 01 Civic tonight or this weekend