7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Pulling the engine? :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boyd117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pulling the engine? :)

As some of you know I have recently painted my car and now want to do the engine bay (which is still silver). I figure since I'm going to need a new clutch soon and pretty sure 3rd sync is also going out the door might as well do it all in one shot .

Basically my question is can someone give me a quick run down on whats actually involved when pulling our d17?

I am quite mechanically inclined and have down what most call difficult jobs, this task doesn't really scare me as too it seems like fun ...just wanted to get some input if theres certain steps that need too be done before others etc.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pulling the engine? :)

Theres a DIY floating around there somewhere, by xproductionz and it's part of the k swap DIY. But sadly, no pictures. All I know is people say you should drop it out the bottom
Old 02-23-2012
Gangsta Sexy

FordSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

I pulled the engine outa my honda today, and I took the engine and tranny out from the top.
Old 02-23-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

As far as I know there's not much else to do other than to disconnect the hoses and connectors, then pull the axles out, disconnect the **** linkage, hook up the hoist, undo the mounts, then point the tranny down a bit and hoist her out. Oh and don't forget to drain the tranny, oil, and rad first. Also, it may be easier and you'll have more room if you take the rad out first too...it only takes a minute or two anyway.

I haven't swapped a d17 personally, but two other people on this forum did it recently and that's just about how they did it.

I recently swapped a 1.8 turbo motor into a buddy's Mazda P5, and it was a piece of cake, despite having the extra hoses related to the turbo, so I don't see the d17 being too difficult to remove
Old 02-23-2012
Registered!!

boyd117 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aetoc
As far as I know there's not much else to do other than to disconnect the hoses and connectors, then pull the axles out, disconnect the **** linkage, hook up the hoist, undo the mounts, then point the tranny down a bit and hoist her out. Oh and don't forget to drain the tranny, oil, and rad first. Also, it may be easier and you'll have more room if you take the rad out first too...it only takes a minute or two anyway.

I haven't swapped a d17 personally, but two other people on this forum did it recently and that's just about how they did it.

I recently swapped a 1.8 turbo motor into a buddy's Mazda P5, and it was a piece of cake, despite having the extra hoses related to the turbo, so I don't see the d17 being too difficult to remove
Beautiful, the kind of input I was hoping for. How about the intake mani and TB?